“Peaceful animal kingdom”

First Farm Inn Horseback Riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Two-hour riding lessons are available year-round at First Farm Inn for both B&B guests and those who aren't staying with us. Call to make a reservation. Lessons begin with grooming and getting acquainted with your horse. We tack up, mount safely and correctly, then begin in the riding arena, working on basic commands and getting comfortable with your horse. After you have demonstrated control and respect for your horse, we move out and practice riding through the woods and around the farm. Horses can be unpredictable. By coming to the farm, you accept responsibility and all liability for your experience on the ground or riding. First Farm Inn horses are a colorful assortment of breeds and personalities that will be matched as much as possible to your personality and physical attributes. It's a very individual experience, no more than five riders in each lesson. More experienced riders report riding at First Farm Inn is "like owning your own horse" but with coaching to ensure that you are safely centered and balanced.
Reviewed 7 April 2016

The second visit for my daughter and me. She enjoyed her horseback ride very much, I felt comfortable knowing the education and care given by Jen in preparing to ride. She rode, and I enjoyed the front porch with lovely views of the flowers and bushes.
The Treetops room was spacious. We slept well and enjoyed the breakfast.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Not only do you get two hours of horseback riding, you will actually learn a lot. Jen definitely knows what she's doing. You will not be disappointed!

Jen313, Owner at First Farm Inn Horseback Riding, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2016

Thanks so much. I hope that every person who rides with me 1.) learns about horses. 2.) Is safer and more comfortable with horses for the rest of their lives. 3.) Makes the lives of horses they are around better, safer and more comfortable.
Riding in balance with your horse teaches us a lot about balance in our own bodies and lives. It can be a very physically and emotionally healing experience too.
Best wishes, Jen

Reviewed 7 October 2014

First Farm inn is a very fun place to ride horses. Jen was very informative and helpful, she treats her guests with respect and as well as all of her horses. Over all it was very fun

1  Thank Ellenreview
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I liked how well Jen covered all aspects of horse care. That included, grooming, putting on the gear, how to approach them, and how to ride them, and finally how to take off the gear and cool them down. She took us around together in a fenced area and taught us how to work with each horse. Some of the horses are a bit more stubborn then the others, and she gave us help and pointers on how to hold the reins and show them we were in charge.I learned a great deal, and felt very equipped by the time we went out on the trail. Was a very worth while time.

1  Thank Bobbi W
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at First Farm Inn overnight and ended up horseback riding as well. I loved how this was not "just for the experience" (though it was a great experience), but also educational. Jen is full of great information about horses, as well as so many other things! She really let the horses' individual personality shine while making sure we were all safe and prepared.

1  Thank FrogLlama