“Newly remodeled.”

Best Western Shelbyville Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I value a clean room and facility and this hotel met up to my standards. The facility has recently been remodeled. Bed was ok , room was clean, breakfast was nice, the Tuesday evening complimentary spaghetti dinner was a no frills nice touch. We didn't have to go out after a day of driving and it hit the spot. I would recommend this property to other travelers.

Room Tip: not far from 65 on your way to FL
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tonya M

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff is always so helpful and delightful. rooms are always clean and very comfortable beds. The pool was very nice and very clean. This hotel will always be my home away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back of the hotel are very quite. You forget your at a hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shauna n
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I stayed here during a large convention taking place in Louisville that had all hotels there full, and/or rates there extremely high. Similar quality hotels my co-workers stayed in closer to the convention center were 3 times the rate! I'll drive 30 minutes to save that money for sure. Room and hotel were very nice and clean. Breakfast was adequate. Little thing I enjoyed was free popcorn in the lobby, small thing but nice. The original Colonel Sanders (KFC) home and restaurant is nearby, be sure to ask the staff about that if you're looking for dining options. Also nearby is a very large outlet mall, if you're into shopping! Only complaint - - I was in a room on first floor close to lobby. In the middle of the night I could hear them vacuum the rugs in the lobby, and also occasionally some conversations from out there. Ask for a second floor room or at least first floor as far down the hall from the lobby as possible. If not for this I may have given a five star rating. Also, room was very dim, had a hard time getting enough light to read. No HD on the TV, but that's not a big deal to me.

Room Tip: If on first floor request as far from lobby as possible
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve S
howulikmenow, Manager at Best Western Shelbyville Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Thank you Steve!!!
We are happy that you enjoyed our Hotel and the NEW Renovation of the Hotel also.
Definitely will check on the vacuum noise? Our New 40" inch TV's are very nice too.
We hope to see you the next time around!!
Thank you Steve ....We appreciate your business

Reviewed 13 February 2017

The motel was very clean. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The motel was conveniently located from highway. My only complaint was smoking at entrances by guest. If I traveled through this area again I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank hd03405

Thank you so much for the nice reviews..Sorry about the smoking at the entrances...
We hope to see you again in the future
Thank you for your business...We appreciate it!!!

Reviewed 7 February 2017

hotel was clean. hostess was very nice. stay was comfortable. only thing wrong was coffee maker in room was dirty. breakfast was not very good. could not eat gravy. checkout was speedy, in and out in a minute. bed was comfortable and clean. quite. peaceful restfull night

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank stevenbK8407WQ
howulikmenow, General Manager at Best Western Shelbyville Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Thank you Steven for the nice and helpful review.
We are looking into what room you were in and immediately take that up with our Housekeeping Staff.
Look forward to seeing you again in the future and please mention Trip Advisor for a 10% discount.
We appreciate your business!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Best Western Shelbyville Lodge? Share your experiences!