“Okay For A Buffet!”

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 November 2016

I visited with my family to meet more family for a get-together. The buffet featured lots of varieties such as roast beef - good, fried catfish, shrimp - not good, vegetables, salads, soups, great desserts. Big area for groups plus a sports bar.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

We took a friend over to Mordecai's for lunch last week. We've been wanting to eat there for years, but we finally got around to it. Sad that we waited so long, and missed an opportunity for good food and good service. We all ordered the lunch buffet, and were extremely pleased all around. Our server was pleasant and competent, and even when there was an issue, she made everything right. On top of that, our friend asked if there was a "take-out" on the buffet. For $10, he walked out with enough food for three of his next meals.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

We were staying near by in perryville and we were looking for a place to eat and we found an awesome place here!! They had the seafood buffet on the night we were there and it all looked so good but we had eaten a large lunch so didn't think we had the room. But now I wish I had. everyone that we saw eating from the buffet looked pleased. I had the vegetarian lasagna (I love meat though) just to get something different and it was outstanding!! Again I love meat lasagna but mordecai's vegetable lasagna was out of sight!! If I'm ever back through here I will try to plan ahead so I can get some of those crab legs!!!

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

I gave up on this place a while back, but sometimes work insists on having meetings here. Basically because it's the only place in town. Seating takes forever and the buffet is over priced. Unless you like mediocre service and overpaying, there are certainly other options in town.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We travel quite a bit, and eat at a few good restaurants, but this is not one of them. Kind of average, not very appealing menu or presentation. The "buffet" is about what you would expect. Overcooked junk , and not too inexpensive. If you are hungry and in Springfield, this is about as good as it gets. Sorry.