Parkland Motel
US$59
Grand Vista Hotel(Huntsville)
US$93
Hotels.com
Big South Fork Lodge & Horse Campground(Jamestown)(Great Value!)
US$63
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$72
Best Western Lake Cumberland Inn(Monticello)(Great Value!)
US$105
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2015

The staff were great rooms were clean only prob was no ice for my JB and honey . We live close so the wife and I kick it at parkland regularly .thanks to the staff for your service and kindness we will be back again and again and again and again and again and again and again

• Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank PapaNnana
Reviewed 19 January 2015

We were very pleased with our accommodations. You must understand that the area is very rural and the motel is old as well. However, the staff was nice and helpful and the rooms were fine. You can not expect a palace in this rural town. We will stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2014

Visiting the Parkland is a bit like stepping back in time. The 2 story motel provides clean rooms although the furnishings are rather outdated. My spacious 2nd story room had a hardwood floor which I thought rather unusual for a motel. My brother's room on the first floor was carpeted and had a couch (an unattractive one I might add). My room did not have a couch which made the room appear larger. The room had a microwave and mini fridge, coffee maker, ironing board/iron, but no hair dryer. The window in the room stayed steamy the whole time I was there due to moisture between the panes. The motel has wi-fi but didn't work too well with my phone. Apparently there are no Sprint towers in McCreary County which limited my communication capabilities. All in all, the motel was serviceable, clean and the motel staff were very helpful and courteous. It could definitely benefit from some repair work. There are no nearby restaurants but there are places to eat within a few miles. The motel is near the Big South Fork Scenic Railway, the historic town of Stearns, Cumberland Falls and many more spectacular scenic areas in the Daniel Boone National Forest. It is truly a beautiful area to visit especially in the fall and spring.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank KYtravelman39604
Reviewed 28 February 2014

What was more disgusting than the decrepit conditions we stayed in, was the staff reaction, rather lack there of to the conditions they place their guests in. Here is a short run down of our stay.
We arrived late, so there was no other choice than to stay! Lobby/office smelled of mold, I asked the attendant if all the rooms smelled like the lobby, and he was unaware the lobby smelled. Very distinct mold smell.
-Clerk had to find us a heated room. We decided that instead of continuing to look, we would take the unheated room we were originally given. Thank God it was a little warm outside for February. We requested additional blankets since the room was cold, and were told he did not have access to the linens.
- Wall paper was peeling off walls in numerous locations, including right above your head in the bed.
- Light fixture attached to the wall directly above your head, whose mount was failing out of the wall, therefore the light was leaning over your head.
- All fixtures were old and in need of repair.
- Room had not been cleaned in quite a while. My pillow fell behind the mattress, when I pulled it out both sides were covered in dust. Pillow became useless. There were only three small pillows on a king size bed.
-Room was very dark and dank. Even with every light on, I still had to open the curtains to get light into the room in order to get ready the next day.
- I went to the office the next to speak with the manager. A very rude woman in the office told me she was the manager (mind you the entire she spoke to me as the manager, her face never left her hand). I described the conditions of the room. She was un-phased.
-I then asked her a very simple, very pointed question: Have you or the owner ever stayed a night in one of these rooms to see what your guests experience? She rebutted: "I have a home". I said "that is not what I asked you, I asked you if you, as the manager, or the owner ever stayed a night in this hotel?" Once again she rebuts with "I have a home, why would I do that, I don't need to stay here!"
- I explained only one more time to her, that it was so they could experience what their guests do! I then asked her if they had a website, and assured her that due to the room conditions and her attitude I would be giving a negative review of their establishment. Un-Phased!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank El F
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed here for four nights. The motel is a typical 60's motel with two levels with all outside entrances. We stayed on the first level. Our room was clean with two queen-size beds. The room had a microwave and small refrigerator and TV. The dressing area had two double sinks which made it convenient. The room had an iron and ironing board but no hair dryer. The motel met our needs. They were doing some construction on the upper level that continued one night until 10 PM, but this did not hinder our sleeping.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first level as this seems to be the area that has been updated recently.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business