“The Real Deal”
Review of Backyard BBQ

Backyard BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Monroe County barbecue at it's finest. Good prices and friendly service. I love the chicken sprinkled with hot sauce and, of course, the classic: pork shoulder.

Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

Very good BBQ

We staied in tompkinsvile for more than a month for business In the oil and gas exploration.

We went to eat there a couple of time and it was remarkable.

Thanks

Francesco

Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

Our favorite BBQ by far. Everyone was super nice and helpful. Pork shoulder was amazing and shredded pork sandwich was awesome too. Great place.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The service was fair the place seemed clean, however the BBQ sauce wasn't that great. I got the porkchop sandwich on white bread with fries. The skinny fries was good and the chop sandwich was good but I wish they had took the bones out of the sandwich and let me put my own sauce on. My bread was soggy with sauce ! I think they put more sauce on the bread than the meat. Overall not bad for a small town like tompkinsville !

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Though I live in Indiana, my dad grew up near Tompkinsville and we visited my grandparents every weekend when I was a kid. My dad was HOOKED on this bbq (I believe it was Paul and Nora's at the time.) No trip was complete without a dipped pork shoulder. Now that I'm grown, I'm addicted too! In fact whenever someone in my family travels to the area, we know we'd better bring back enough Backyard BBQ for everyone! I don't think the recipe has changed in 30 years. Why mess with perfection?

1  Thank JulietGSierra