“Seeing the ark in the actual dimensions was awesome.”
Review of Ark Encounter

Ark Encounter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've always wondered about the magnitude of the building of the ark, as well as the practicality of the design. Seeing their depiction brings the possibilities to life. I only wish that the descriptive texts had been less argumentative and more educational. Once Ham begins arguing against Nye or other general arguments, it seemed to invite argumentation from among our group. That wasn't what I was hoping for as a mom with growing kids who are trying to determine their beliefs outside of ours.

I do think the ticket price is prohibitive. There are many people who won't be able to afford it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,968)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"biblical account"
in 40 reviews

Very incredible experience!
My children and I were completely captivated the entire time.
It truly is an experience.
Anyone who listens and follows the entire journey cannot deny the truth.
My respect and my acknowledgment to the designers, planner, builders, backers, and founders of this project.
I give it a 4 star rating because we enjoyed it so much, but there was a major issue when we arrived:
Unfortunately, our children were separated from us as we boarded the bus.
We progressed to the ark encounter and our children (aged 5 and 9) were held back at the bus stop by the parking lot. The parking attendant was oddly rude and aggressive towards our children.
We had to take the trip back to the parking lot because the attendat wouldn't budge about letting the kids board the bus ( even though we already paid..)
Honestly, this was contrary to the Christian theme we experienced during the rest of the trip, and sadly, was close to making us pack up and leave. We are not negligent parents, and were disappointed at how our children were treated...We were with a large group. I would have expected the attendant to watch over our children, rather than treat them as criminals.
We were more than happy to pay their entrance fee....
And, we did.
But for this, it would be 5 stars. Thank you for the hospitality aside from the beginning of this encounter.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow. It’s huge, and the beams/posts inside are massive too. From far away and up close it’s impressive.
Inside depiction of animal storage and the challenges is interesting. Also some of the practical challenges of food storage, water collection/use and animal waste disposal.
Bible focused museum, which is fine.
But think it could also have a lot about the engineering and practical challenges of how to build such a massive structure way back then, with the likely tools and knowledge they had available at the time. How in the world did they set those massive posts within? Build/hang and cut such massive timbers? Etc etc etc. Having hands on exhibits of this would add.
Sheesh, even talking about how they constructed it in Kentucky would be interesting. What we saw there was a time lapse video of the 2 years it took to build. Could have done more with this too.
Still, overall a fascinating structure and eye opening on the challenges of caging, holding and feeding the animals. The cages and displays of this were very interesting.
It is pricey. And didn’t think they needed tor should charge additional for parking.
Expensive, but my family enjoyed and each learned different things from it.
Took about 3.5 hours for us to go through.
Wish we could go to the top level and have the view from the roof. That would be really nice.

2  Thank TriCityDude
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Ark Encounter is 45 mins from my home, and was worth one drive/ trip. I would not return, and I am not likely to bring visitors. The Ark is impressive in scale, and has missed an opportunity to take a deep dive into what it would have taken at the time, some 2000 BC to engineer and build a structure of this size and ingenuity with a limited workforce of men (and women?), The Ark suffers from project scope creep, meandering into such unrelated areas as the ice age, the age of dinosaurs, wether or not the bible is or isn't true as written...the encounter has no exhibits meanwhile on the natural materials of the time available to Noah, the state of engineering, animal husbandary, physics, how was the ark constructed with limited people, how long might it have taken with the tools of the time, where did all that wood come from, what about the tar to waterproof. the Ark misses the opportunity to take the visitor to the time of the Ark itself, and inside there is not even one multifloor, replica of the proposed full scale solutions being demonstrated, only a video station among the many showing some possible solutions for life aboard the ark as managed by 8 people. There's an opportunity to bring in real historical artifacts of woodworking, metal work, pottery, family and community life, but the Ark is so focused on selling a rebuttle to modern science, it misses all these opportunities. I enjoyed my visit, but am disappointed it will not be a place I can bring visitors, and I didn't come out more educated on the time of the Ark and the natural resources, engineering and human effort that was required to complete this work.

1  Thank brunwynne