“Taco Tuesday ”

Lava Cantina Downtown BR
Ranked #587 of 1,066 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

8 of us went drink some beers, some margaritas and eat some tacos. I had the coconut shrimp taco, the Nola BBQ shrimp taco, and the jerk taco. I enjoyed them all. I tasted the shrimp and crab enchiladas and it was fantastic. Wait staff was efficient and very friendly. I love the rock n roll atmosphere. Great food in a fun part of Baton Rouge.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Perfect ambiance.
Outside. Sidewalk table.
Chips and salsa are very good. Hot chips!!
Had the shrimp tacos and can recommend.
They do a great job here of serving and cooking up some Mexican food.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed a dinner of Shrimp Quesada that was a nice mixture of veggies along with the shrimp. There was a "salt" of some type on top of the tortilla that caused the meal to be a little more salty than I like but the flavors of the cheese/shrimp/veggies and sides of sour cream and salsa were delicious. Friendly bar staff and large screen TV's. I would certainly eat there again when in the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

the food we got at Lava Cantina was good. not great but good. the service was really bad. it took us forever to get any of our food and it was wrong. then when the bill came it had to be corrected three times. Not sure if I will go back.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Lava Cantina was recommended to us by the front desk at our hotel. The food menu is very limited, the drinks are really nice, but the food was poor. It's average.