“Superb Louisiana cuisine!”

Reserve with OpenTable
MANSURS On The BOULEVARD is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,076 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Energy Dr.
Reviewed 30 June 2017

A trip to Baton Rouge means a night of indulgence at Mansurs! We started with six raw oysters on the half shell accompanied by cocktail sauce, horseradish, and lemon wedges. To get more tang in the sauce, we mixed in a bit of horseradish. We each had the first oyster without embellishment to get the full impact of the plump, briny meat. The rest were eaten with a touch of sauce, a bit of horseradish, and a spurt of lemon to add that bit of heat and acid that complements the perfect oyster. We followed the raw with the cooked: oysters on the half shell charbroiled with crab Both preparations matched particularly well with the Apostoli pinot grigio and Joseph Drouhin chardonnay. For entrees, we enjoyed two of their signature dishes: redfish roasted on a cedar plank and broiled East Coast lobster tail. The redfish and lobster were perfectly cooked: rich, flavorful, and satisfying. We shared an order of seasonal berries with cream Anglaise – a light but rich conclusion to a fabulous meal.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

This is probably my favorite restaurant in Baton Rouge. The bar area has the best atmosphere. Great wine and cocktail selections. The chargrilled oysters are to die for! The crab and Brie soup is always a good choice too. The visiting fish is always a solid choice. I usually get the veal entree. It is a healthy size and I am usually able to bring some of it home for lunch the next day. Yummy selection of desserts! Great for a special occasion or just a date night.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a reservation at Mansurs at 7:00 pm on a Thursday night. We live right outside of Baton Rouge but this was our first visit to the restaurant. We were immediately seated in the main room where the piano is located- live music is a nice touch! My husband ordered a Moscow Mule and I had the Booze Cruise....both were fantastic! For our appetizer we had the Acadiana Egg Rolls- I may come back and order these as my entree- sooooo good, especially with the hot mustard they serve with it! I had the cedar-roasted halibut and my husband had a ribeye with the Gouda Mac and cheese. Everything was delicious! I think the egg rolls, fish and Mac-n-cheese were standouts! We were given the blueberry bread pudding "on the house" for our anniversary with two glasses of champagne. It was the perfect venue for our celebration. The atmosphere, service and food pushed Mansurs to the top of my BR fine dining list!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Mansurs is the perfect place for lunch with friends or for business. It's even better for celebratory dining - birthday, anniversary, etc... From food to flowers ( yes, they will order flowers for you, delivered to the restaurant) the service is impeccable.
An extensive wine list is the perfect accompaniment to any meal - try the "visiting fish" or the grilled oysters or the lovely beef or pork dishes.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

the kitchen her offers a wide and varied selection of south louisiana cuisine. our party of 4 adults enjoyed several starters, all done well, seafood main dishes and one of us even had a grilled filet of beef cooked exactly as requested. everything was tasty. service was a bit slow, though the pace is large and was quite full. the wine by the glass selection was a bit limited. suggest reservations be made for a weekend dining plan.