“Used to be the best”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

This hello sushi location used to have the best sushi. It has seriously gone down hill. They changed the menu and got rid of some of the best rolls they had and kept some of the worst.

A lot of the 4 and 5 star reviews are for the LSU Burbank location NOT the location on Highland Rd near Blue Bayou.

1  Thank apBerger2

Reviewed 15 February 2015

Hello Sushi is in a strip mall close to campus, so very convenient if you're at LSU for any reason. We've eaten here several times for dinner, at the sushi bar and at a table, and found the sushi to be very fresh. (We love sushi and sashimi and eat it everywhere, so we are definitely picky about the freshness.) I like trying different rolls, and Hello Sushi has some delicious combo cut rolls. The chefs there would probably make anything you wanted unless they are really busy. There are also a lot of good beers, including Japanese beers, on tap. We'll go again, certainly.

Reviewed 22 November 2014

I always eat here once every time I visit Baton Rouge. The prices are fair and the sushi is always good.

Reviewed 8 November 2014

My favorite shishu place near me. Great specials. Beer is cold. Service is great. Dislikes...more tuna

Reviewed 25 September 2014 via mobile

I've been here several times after finding it on yelp and staying near the LSU campus .

Great place in the corner end of a line of stores. Went right for the sushi bar, got a beer and met the chefs. I'm a sashimi tuna guy so chef Cong(?) asked me what I liked and I was craving a tar tar or tuta tataki- my version is tuna, avacado, sesame oil and a lot is sriracha . After a great squid sales starter , chef made a great pile of tuna and it was perfect!!! Fresh, and plentiful. Another beer, and try some more. After looking at the fish- had him slice me up some tuna, yellow fun and salmon for a sashimi plate- side of sriracha. Great!! So I hung around and he experimented making me small 2-3 piece rolls with octopus, eel, tuna , whatever. I think even monk fish liver. Not for me but I'll try anything once!

My first trip here made it worth while - walked In the second time- he recognized me and said welcome back -you're from Georgia right? I like a good memory. Go here. Sit at the sushi bar- don't stare at the menu- tell the chef what you like- they will make it. Love the LSU location, atmosphere, upscale place. My new go to place at least one night when in town. Highly recommend.