“Sushi!!!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 February 2016

My sister and I love sushi. I got a Groupon for Hello Sushi for us to try it out. We went on a Friday during the holidays and was surprised to see the restaurant was packed. The vibe was nice, the service was friendly and attentive. The sushi was delectable. Nice experience.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

A co-worker & myself went here last week. We were seated right away & waited on promptly. After that it was a downhill experience, it took a good 30-45 minutes to get our food. I ordered the seafood salad & my co-worker ordered a box lunch. Well the salad could fit in the palm of my hand & at $14 it should have been a meal, the box lunch was one fairly large square roll, I think it was 8 pieces of cut sushi & I think it was $15. Both were good, but I think the box lunch was a way better deal, even though at other sushi places the box came with rice & veggies. We even asked if the salad was a real salad & were told it was a pretty good size. It was definitely an appetizer for 1.

Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

This hello sushi location used to have the best sushi. It has seriously gone down hill. They changed the menu and got rid of some of the best rolls they had and kept some of the worst.

A lot of the 4 and 5 star reviews are for the LSU Burbank location NOT the location on Highland Rd near Blue Bayou.

1  Thank apBerger2
Reviewed 15 February 2015

Hello Sushi is in a strip mall close to campus, so very convenient if you're at LSU for any reason. We've eaten here several times for dinner, at the sushi bar and at a table, and found the sushi to be very fresh. (We love sushi and sashimi and eat it everywhere, so we are definitely picky about the freshness.) I like trying different rolls, and Hello Sushi has some delicious combo cut rolls. The chefs there would probably make anything you wanted unless they are really busy. There are also a lot of good beers, including Japanese beers, on tap. We'll go again, certainly.

Reviewed 22 November 2014

I always eat here once every time I visit Baton Rouge. The prices are fair and the sushi is always good.

Been to Hello Sushi? Share your experiences!