“TG2017”
Review of Beachcombers Hotel

Beachcombers Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Arnos Vale
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have never been to St. Vincent and this was my first experience. Initially, the Touring Team Book two hotels and this was the second option since the first one ran out of room. I was glad that this hotel was booked for us, since it is a beachfront property as well as it is easy to obtain public transportation by taking a cool stroll uphill to the main road. It is approximately half and hour from the new airport. There is the main restaurant located on the premises and if you are looking for something extra you can take a cool stroll on the beach to neighboring restaurants.

The property itself is quite beautiful and intimate. If you love nature it is perfect. The views from all rooms is lovely. We upgraded our room to the Ocean Suite, since I wanted a room with queen size beds and ocean view, this room was just perfect for us. The view was spectacular and from our room we saw Young Island. The ocean view was really soothing early in the mornings for me especially for sunrise.

The breakfast was great. They did a Caribbean Styled buffet for us since it was a group of persons from different islands on the tour. The food was well cooked. One complaint was we could not get enough of the food. It was that good. Especially, the saltfish (codfish), fried plantain and the bakes (hmmmm). Kudos to the chef and his staff.

To the staff at the resort, they were very professional and friendly. From the Security who assisted us the night we arrived to our room attendant Karen very nice people who are very service oriented I must say. Thanks to ladies at reception who were very patient with me when I was doing this booking and who were never hesitant to give good directions and offer advice on what to do. All in all I really enjoyed my stay at Beachcombers. Would I stay there again Yes!!!!!!!!! Once they provided buffet breakfast on a Sunday.

Stayed: April 2017
GuestRelationsBCH, Guest Relations Manager at Beachcombers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

What a lovely review! We thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. It was heartwarming to read your lovely words and share your experience, I felt like I was there with you! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the Chef and his team, they will be thrilled!

We hope that you come back to visit us again, we are very much looking forward to that.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We spent two nights at the Beachcombers Hotel as a transition from leaving the US to arriving in Bequia.
We could not have made for a better decision. From the moment we arrived we were positively impressed by the setting and the staff. After check-in Joanna walked us to our rooms and gave us an excellent orientation.
The rooms (deluxe garden) were clean and very comfortable with very nice balconies overlooking Young Island.
We spent a great deal of time at the pool which had shade available both morning and afternoon and walked the beach each morning both of which were very pleasant.
We ate all of our meals (breakfast (2), lunch(1) and dinner (2))at the restaurant and was positively impressed by both the waitstaff and meals the kitchen staff produced.
I don't think you could ask for a better experience from a hotel stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for this lovely review and rating! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Restaurant team will be overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your service and meals during your stay!

We hope that you will choose Beachcombers again!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Stayed 3 night on a business trip. The standard room I had was large, comfortable and breezy. The view of Young Island and the beach was wonder and inviting. Even more welcoming were the staff - front desk and restaurant especially. Food was good. Overall this hotel is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
GuestRelationsBCH, Guest Relations Manager at Beachcombers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to write this review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and were able to squeeze in some relaxation during your business trip.

We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Although quiet and seemingly empty, this boutique-type hotel was just what I needed! I received mixed reviews before arrival in St. Vincent however Beachcombers Hotel was every bit enjoyable to me. The check-in process was smooth and the young lady was very pleasant. She walked me right to my room and gave me a quick walk-thru and while struggling just a bit with my luggage, despite being a fairly small person herself (smaller than me and I didn't want to inconvenience her), she offered the entire walk to the room to assist me with my bag. The room itself was bright, clean and very welcoming after a long day. The shower was a bit close but definitely not uncomfortable. The bed however was not a king or two separate double beds; it was however two single beds pushed together to make one larger bed. This was not a major problem but for persons who either requested or are accustomed to a larger bed - or for starfish sleepers like myself - it was a bit of a challenge initially to get comfortable as the ends of the two beds provided a hard centre 'seam' much to hard to sleep over and limited use to only half the bed (a single bed space). Once sleep did grace me with its presence though, it was an enjoyable rest. The beds were fairly soft but not so much so that your body sank through and caused any backache. The patios outside the rooms though are shared patios and it was a bit of an inconvenience having noisy neighbours, who smoked so having the noise and smoke literally outside my window was a bit of a turn off as the smell came right into the room (even with the windows closed), but it did not affect the quality of the room itself. The restaurant is a quiet, neat space and I enjoyed that from the breakfast options right down to the dinner menu had a balanced offering of local dishes and 'american' choices. I liked that the meals offered a piece of the culture and were not only catering to the international traveler. Overall I had a short and pleasant stay. The hotel is a family owned and operated business and generations of the family owners were on property throughout my stay and interacted with guests very politely and were very welcoming. I would definitely stay there again, the only thing I would change is an upgrade from a Front Deluxe room to one with a single balcony to avoid any second-hand smoke, noise or space sharing. It's a beautiful hotel, tranquil environs and from the pool deck one can walk down directly to the beach. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend... or foe!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank KebaMae
GuestRelationsBCH, Guest Relations Manager at Beachcombers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Thank you for this wonderful review! You have a lovely way with words and I found myself picturing your entire stay! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your suggestions for improvement.

We definitely hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Man oh man I always have good things to say about Beachcombers hotel . The staff are so friendly they remember you for previous times and they also refer to you by your name it's always a welcoming atmosphere . The rooms are 100% clean and good .

The bar and restaurant staff are just as friendly as front office staff , they seem to have work on the wait time for orders food came out pretty quick .

Bar supervisor perfect for the post Zawadie a very welcoming employee .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank boyce1021

Thank you for this lovely review and rating! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and noted improvement in our flow of service, we are always striving for excellence! We very much appreciate that you keep coming back to visit us and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnos Vale
0.4 km away
Mariners Hotel
Mariners Hotel
#7 of 16 in St. Vincent

Been to Beachcombers Hotel? Share your experiences!