US$159
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$69
US$87
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$199
US$179
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$59
Hotels.com
US$55
US$50
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$129
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 57% below average rates

The price you found is 57% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

We booked this hotel through stay123 for the stay and cruise option. We arrived very early in the morning and our room was ready. Clean room with a nice shower. Kids swam in the pool. Room was very cool. Enjoyed a nice continental breakfast before the cruise left. Shuttle took us straight to the port. Great stay!

* as a side note the taxi back to the hotel from port cost $7/pp.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Tiffany F
Reviewed 6 July 2015

First room had black hair on the bed,in the clean towels and on the bathrm floor. Had a musty smell. They upgraded the room for us. Building is in rough shape, looked like it was ready to cave in. Pool was green,broken down. Wifi didn`t work. Alot of water damage in the ceiling and breakfast/bar area. Bar was not in use. We did use the free parking, our car was intact when we returned. The shuttle to the port was a 7 pass.van, at 2pm(still waiting to go to port) we took a cab. That park and cruise was a joke. Had 50 people going to port that Sunday. No return ride back.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank DD205
Reviewed 3 July 2015

I am a type of person who will read good and bad reviews and take them with a grain of salt. I have stayed at many hotels of different styles so I feel I have a pretty good eye for rating them. The Choice Hotels (The Quality Suites Line in question) are usually pretty basic "Clean" hotels with your normal amenities. A couple of weeks ago I was reading another "Poor" review about this hotel and they said the return shuttle from the Port was no longer running. So before I checked in I knew that I was going to need to find other means to get back to the hotel. I wasn't to happy about this since the shuttle service was one of the reasons I booked this hotel. I also read that the pool had to be shut down for repairs. I didn't think much of it since we still had a few weeks before we arrived. I assumed the pool would be up and running by then. I was wrong...that is what I get for asss-U-Me-Ing..

When I arrived at the hotel I was kind to the staff and they were very kind back to me (I truly believe in what goes around comes around). I found out then that the Pool was still down for repairs and the Wifi was not working in any of the rooms. So basically almost every "Plus" that I looked for in this hotel when I booked it was gone (except for the Free Cruise Parking) We were booked in a "First Floor Room" and the room was OK, not basic but OK. We only had "One" plug near the bed that sometimes worked, the plugs would fall out of it and it pulled away from the wall. I was concerned that it could be a fire hazard. The room was old, but I remember saying to myself "Why were people complaining so much about the rooms, this wasn't so bad like people had described" Then I came back from my cruise and they allowed me to check in early which was a nice plus and they booked me in a Third Floor Room....Oh my word!!!!
This room was bad, very very bad. First is smelled very musty. There was a water damage stain on the wall near the ceiling. There was plenty of plugs on the wall which was nice but there was a black powdering mold behind the receptacle. Not good at all!! The lamp fixtures were a major fire hazard. The part that was holding the bulb was separated from the base and hanging down the side. Now it worked fine but I was scared that the wires were exposed. The two rooms were night and day from each other.

It looks like the corporation may have purchased an Old run down Ramada Inn and rushed to get the grounds cleaned up and some basic repairs done around the hotel and then they ran out of time and had to open up their doors. This Hotel puts a very bad taste in my mouth..I would never write a review this bad if it wasn't the truth and I'm not looking for a "White Glove" Hotel or I would stay at that kind of a hotel but honestly this Hotel needs a lot of work, some major clean up and repairs.
Please think twice before staying here, right now..maybe in due time they will get things in order, but you just don't know what you are walking into. I honestly don't know if I could ever trust this particular Quality Suites again. This is sad to me because NOLA has become my new cruise port. I really do like the "Choice Hotel Line" I just pray they get it together...very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Owayhappy
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

This place was affordable for a short stay on the West Bank considering the outrageous prices in New Orleans. Hotel is conveniently located to go back and forth across the river to NOLA. Nothing is within walking distance to eat and must have a car to get around. Rooms were cleaned timely but pool was unavailable for use during our stay. The only real issue was with the smoke detector which would beep around 2 am every night and would take out battery to get some sleep which was a bummer. Ok place to stay on a budget... You get what you pay for...

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Amy-Lynn P, General Manager at Knights Inn Gretna New Orleans West Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feeback on your recent stay with us. We hate that you were not satisfied with our hotel and we will certainly be addressing each issue you referenced with the necessary departments at our hotel so they do not happen to other guests. We do hope to get the opportunity to serve you once again.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

I attended an in service at a vacation place in Irving TX for an hour. The sales people tried without fail to attempt to sale me time shares at different locations in TX and outside areas. I did not have money and I informed them of this on the phone and in person several times during the process. Nevertheless after that, I was taken into a room and given a lottery ticket and won this trip. The trip was for a hotel and flight for 2. Arriving in New Orleans, I was not aware that I had to go across the bridge to Gretna(47 dollars). The hotel informed me that the Wi-Fi and pool were out of service and asked if I wanted to rebook somewhere else. This was not optional because that would require paying for an upgrade. Anywho, me and my daughter had a king size bed on the 2nd floor(the refrigerator didn't work/ but the air did). The bathroom was nice and cleaner than I thought they would be, and the bed was soft(I always take my own sheets). We were there 3 days. The front desk lady was very nice and we never ate breakfast(though they had it )We were in NEW Orleans for the cuisine. For a free room, it was good. The outside area was nice also, clean and landscaping excellent. We rode the bus across the bridge for $2 into the French Quarters. I won this trip and it was good for that!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank carla482015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We work hard to have the friendliest staff in town and we're so glad you agree! We agree that our property is great and hope that you'll come back and see us again soon!