“not as expected!”

Knights Inn Gretna New Orleans West Bank
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Gretna
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Overall could be cleaner, but they were nice overall.
Phone did not work, no cover over electrical outlets,and did not work anyway. A hurricane did shake up the area but we survived. No water next day so hit the road, apparently sewer line broke.
This place is good for area with those of us who need to leave cars to go on cruises, trips etc.
Bread crust under bed.

Room Tip: Ask if new management, it is for sale or was it sold then new management and then for sale again...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Amy-Lynn P, General Manager at Knights Inn Gretna New Orleans West Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Dear Neil C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the conditions of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. Unfortunately we did have severe weather that caused a busted water main line in our courtyard. Due to this unexpected incident, the water was shut off to the hotel temporarily while it was repaired. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Taken from an email i recently sent to franchise owner.

Recently I've had the displeasure of staying at the quality inn and suites in Gretna, Louisianna. Although I wasn't expecting the Ritz or Hilton, I overlooked most of the small blemishes the hotel has no doubt aquired over the years. Dirty sheets, rusted light fixtures, and stained tub were all surprises for us. We overlooked them because we had not planned on spending too much time at the hotel. Unfortunately, around day 4 of our week long stay, a Saturday, our card key stopped working. We had stopped by the hotel to drop off our things and change to have a celebratory wedding dinner in New Orleans; dinner that we unfortunately missed. Upon approaching the front desk I was informed that since no lights appeared on the door, that faulty batteries we're most likely the culprit. 45 long minutes later, the repairman Roberto shows up to replace the batteries. After he does this, the door would not lock. I assume it was the end of his shift because we didn't see or hear from him after he told us to switch rooms. I informed the front desk that we didn't have time to switch rooms as we were planning to have dinner that night. 60 minutes after that another repairman shows up to change the lock out of the door. After 30 minutes, he changes the lock, but the key card scanner stopped working. Exacerbated, I asked him to let me try. Within 5 minutes I had the key card scanner working.

Going out for breakfast on Sunday,  we returned to the door not working again and our room not cleaned up. After waiting 30 minutes in the rain, the repair guy showed up to let us in our room. He did so by removing a panel in the wall and crawling into the room.

Defeated, we packed up our room and moved down the hall on Sunday afternoon. Partly because we had waited so long for any answers from the front desk and also because they ignored our requests for clean towels and garbage removed from our room. That same night we were greeted with another treat, no running water. And to top that off, no turn down service for our room on Monday either. I understand that inclimate weather is hard to predict and even harder to recouperate from; but the clerk had no plan as to how the residents were going to shower, use the bathrooms, or even wash thier hands. Our trip was supposed to be special and fun, not a stressful endeavor that tries our patience. Inept repair people, apathetic staff, and shoddy conditions are no way to run a buisness. As someone with 16 years experience in hospitality, I've never had an experience this poor. The staff here failed and I can only assume they are representatives of your company's inability to provide decent customer service. I will not be recommending any hotel in your chain to anyone in my personal or professional life. In fact, quite the opposite.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael C

Dear Michael C,

I apologize for your experience and am definitely disappointed to hear such a dismal review about our service and about your unsatisfactory experience. There were some abnormal hotel issues that you experienced during your stay with us, and I can assure you this is not our standard procedure. This is no excuse, I realize, and I apologize again that you were the recipient of such service. I can assure you that this is not the norm for the hotel or for our key lock procedures.

I would like to point in your review that you missed the below statement in the email you sent. "I will find every single travel review site and plaster this everywhere I can find." I do feel strongly that we could have rectified and or attempted to assist in resolving any issues you may have had on-site. If you have been in the hospitality industry for 16 years, then you would have understood the importance of allowing the hotel management an opportunity to make things right PRIOR to your disgruntled reviews and ugly remarks as quoted above. We are saddened that this was not the case.

We do want to thank you for your business, and wish you the best in your travels!

Reviewed 24 October 2015

The building next door had razor wire around the top of the fence. It's also an econolodge. It seemed the whole hotel was econolodge standards. the website advertises a pool and lounge both were closed. The wifi wasn't working either.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Dear Catherine B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We have shared your concerns about your recent stay with our department managers, and are sorry to hear your stay with us was not ideal. It is a very high priority to us to provide an excellent experience, and we apologize that we failed to meet your safety standard. We do understand the hotel name is confusing, so we apologize for your confusion. We hope you will give us another try in the future

Reviewed 29 September 2015

I stayed here by the advice of a friend... It was a good room with nice accommodations... Close to downtown New Orleans... Had a good time in the Gretna area also... I will stay there again if the situation arises...

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Rodney B

Dear Regina G,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and we are beyond thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it's wonderful that you agree. We will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff and we look forward to your next visit. Safe travels.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

i chose this hotel because it offered a good cruise rate and got a chance to arrive one day early and spent the night at this hotel. first of all, it's not Quaiity inn, but New Orleans Expressway motel but the confusion does not stop there! you walk in the lobby, and the sign say "econolodge"!! wait it gets better, the room are in poor repair, the beds sink in the middle, the curtains are ragged and torn and the elevator smells of urine. you should avoid this hotel because it didn't seem to be a safe place to stay. even though the rate included parking for 7 days, i worried the whole time about my safety and the safety of my car. not worth the stress.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Regina G

Dear Regina G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We are so sorry to hear about your experience here at the New Orleans Expressway Hotel & Suites. We assure you that our guests' safety is our number one priority, and we regret that you felt otherwise. We work very hard to ensure that you have a comfortable stay, and we apologize that was not your experience. We hope you will consider staying with us one more time, so we can change your mind. Safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Algiers
Federal City Inn & Suites
Federal City Inn & Suites
#71 of 166 in New Orleans
Historic Streetcar Inn
#142 of 166 in New Orleans
Super 8 New Orleans
#94 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to Knights Inn Gretna New Orleans West Bank? Share your experiences!