All reviews french quarter new orleans room was clean yogurt hard boiled eggs close to downtown felt safe west bank bourbon street free breakfast cruise terminal mardi gras bridge pets louisiana vehicle
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Stayed Easter weekend. Hotel was nice, clean & quite even though it is right on expressway. Room was nice & bed comfortable. Got last minute reservations even though it was Easter weekend & city was packed for crescent city classic. Easy access to city, restaurants & shopping.

Room Tip: Breakfast could of been better but it was ok.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
lq0579gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are glad that your family had a positive experience while lodging with us. We hope you Easter was great! We look forward to accommodating your family in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

So I thought that La Quinta was on par with Hilton Garden, but apparently not. The room was disgusting, the beds were tiny and uncomfortable, water damage on the walls and carpets. We could not find another hotel near by so spent a sleepless night here. Please learn from our mistake and do NOT book a room here.

Room Tip: Rooms are disgusting, fair warning.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank William_B_AZ
lq0579gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We truly regret that the accommodations were not what you have expected. Your opinion and satisfaction is very important to us and I am very sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. Your feedback will be used as we look to make improvements and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Christina Quincy

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The property is conveniently located minutes away from downtown, shares a parking lot with an IHOP and a Mall and appears to be acceptable upon check in. Initial room entry was met with a "smell", but I wrote it off to Louisiana mildew as it appeared clean and it wasn't until days later (one day prior to departure) that I entered a room two doors down to find that "smell" was not the norm. Also, the AC unit was really loud, but that may have been a blessing as it drowned out much of the traffic noise from the freeway and the interior/exterior shouting and other commotion that occurs on a nightly basis.

Room Tip: Rooms located opposite the freeway side of the property may be quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
lq0579gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for your review. Your opinion and satisfaction is very important to us and I am very sorry we were unable to meet your expectations on some issues experienced. We are glad you enjoyed our location and the convience for downtown. Your feedback will be used as we look to make improvements and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

A great location and sharing a parking lot with a MALL and an IHOP. The breakfast was minimal. I had hard boiled eggs, muffins and a yogurt, apples and a banana. There were waffles and cereals too.
The parking lot surrounded the hotel but the housekeeping service made it seem like they were on their last leg. I can't imagine that to be the case though because they were so busy. The second day I couldn't get thru the door to get to the breakfast. The housekeeping didn't leave me coffees, soaps, cups or shampoos. The made my bed and gave me some fresh towels. No extra wash cloths. The TV was so-so but the coffee pot worked well and there was a microwave in the room as well.
The front desk staff was good but always too busy if you needed something. There were some things that definitely reminded me that I wasn't in a Hilton, but just the same it was ok There is NO HOT TUB and only an outdoor pool but it was a good hotel to get a lot of work done. The wifi worked well. I would DO IT AGAIN HERE if I had to.

Room Tip: Call Ahead
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
lq0579gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you so much for reporting such a detailed experience on your stay with us. We are very pleased you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Gretna.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Booked two nights here in early March after a cruise. The room was not ready at 3:00 pm like promised. When we finally got in the room, we found a nice speaker headset on the floor which suggested to me that the place had not been swept. It was damp and musty smelling. We were busy and didn't stay long before going back out on the town. Got back late and promptly went to bed. The room had a back door probably to an adjoining room and you could here the people in that room much of the night. The second day, we left early again to go sightseeing. This is a good location, close to downtown (10 min drive). We got back late and had left a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door/lock since we had enough clean towels for a second night and had a lot of junk spread out on our beds that needed re-packing for our following day flights. They had come in the room anyhow and ignored the sign. They simply took dirty towels and left clean ones but I thought "Do Not Disturb" meant do not disturb. They also had seemingly turned the air back off which allowed the room to get damp and musty smelling again. We were re-packing items when a HUGE cockroach ran across the floor. I managed to kill it and my daughter was now petrified to even get into the bed. We continued packing and ANOTHER huge cockroach come out of the bed. Then one ran up the wall along with a large spider. My daughter went to the car, we packed everything up and checked out early at 2:00 am.

Room Tip: Pick an upstairs room and you may have fewer roaches.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy S
lq0579gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Ali H.