“Still good food!”

Murphy's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 142 Restaurants in Hammond
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Murphy's is family owned and run since 1963. Food still very good.
Really enjoyed my soft shell crab. Thought I was getting one crab for 20.00, which isn't too out of line with the prices I've paid at other restaurants for soft shell crab. Was surprised that I got 2! It was very good and saw the place still gets quite a crowd.

1  Thank Grace B

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We had a really great meal here!! The staff is very friendly and attentive and the food is excellent and fairly priced. We had shrimp and corn cream soup, Onion rings, and fried cheese sticks for appetizers all of which were great. For dinner we split the fried shrimp dinner and pasta with meatballs between 4 of us and still took food home!!

1  Thank Darryll D
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Murphy's is a very old family restaurant. It's been over a year since I have dined here, but I have been eating at this establishment for more than 30 years. The meal I had tonight is the same as I have remembered from the past. I had the seafood platter. If I had a complaint, it would only be the size and quantity of the shrimp on the platter. They were pretty small, but were cooked properly and tasted very good. Murphy's is always good, consistent and a very good value. The menu is a combination of seafood, streak and Italian. The menu has a lot of selections, but not overwhelming. My wife normally has a steak which she always enjoys. These are not the very best prime cut beef steaks, but are very good for the price. I usually have seafood which I consider to be very good as well. . I have also eaten a lot of the house special entrees, also very good. I really enjoy adding a salad from the salad bar to my meal for $4. The salad bar is not very big, but it has very good selections. The wait staff and owners are always very nice and are always willing to accommodate any special request. Murphy's is definitely worth a visit. Try them the next time you are in Hammond, LA.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We went here for dinner after a large event. there were 12 of us so we had a large table. This place has been around for over 35 years. They have great seafood, steaks and pasta dishes to choose from. I had the catfish Daniel which was fried catfish covered with crawfish ettouffee. My wife had the grilled tuna with sauteed shrimp and mushrooms. My niece had the grill chicken fettuccine and the serving could easily feed two or maybe three. I will say that I ordered a cup of gumbo and i wasn't pleased with it but that was the only thing i didn't like. If you're in Hammond, La. I would recommend eating here.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I've always gone to Murphy's for their Shrimp and catfish but decided to try something different. Five of us went there and all had different dishes. I decided on the crawfish & shrimp pasta and discovered how narrow minded my past has been, cost me some real enjoyment! That dish is indescribably delicious and the helping was so large I had to have a doggy bag. My mouth waters writing about it.

1  Thank Roger R