“Trey Yummy”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2016

Trey Yuen is a world renowned Chinese restaurant. It is special for the way it uses Louisiana ingredients in it's cuisine. The Tong Cho trout is my favorite item on the menu. Cardboard would be tasty, if it was covered in Tong Cho sauce. The setting and building is beautiful.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We had heard nothing but praise for Trey Yuen so we decided to give it a try. The service was quick and friendly and the egg rolls were very tasty. The rest of the meal wasn't quite up to what we were expecting. Double happiness with fried rice is Chinese veggies with beef, shrimp and chicken. The veggies were good but I only found two little pieces of what resembled meat of any kind and the fried rice didn't taste like any fried rice I had ever eaten. It was almost black and not very tasty.
My wife's Shrimp and Lobster sauce was not like any I had ever seen before, dark with way too much salt and soy. I think this will be a bypass from now on.

1  Thank rodneytherock
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

The food was average. It was almost laughable that the waiters dress like a 5star restaurant, but the place is filthy, with ants and at least one fly at our table. The glass shelves in the entry and the woodwork were so dusty, it looked like they had just opened a deserted restaurant before our arrival. If friends hadn't invited us, we'd have left.

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

We've gone to Trey Yuen for decades.

The restaurant building was built in the 80's if I am remembering correctly. The building has a timeless Chinese beauty, but is showing signs of wear for sure.

The menu has something for just about everyone.

Over the years, we've found that the menu and food has consistent flavors.

Trey Yuen consistently does a great take out business. On Mondays, the lunch menu is offered at night which is a bonus.

We enjoy the dinners on the nights other than Monday evenings. They seem to be fresher.

Egg flower soup is thick and delicious. I have never had egg rolls that taste like Trey Yuen's. They are the best we've tasted in our travels.

Our favorite entrées include sweet and sour pork, sweet and sour shrimp, tong cho pork, mandarin chicken, beef and snow peas, and special fried rice. All are tasty and delicious.

We've tried Chinese restaurants all around the country. My wife will not eat Chinese anywhere except Trey Yuen and a major chain starting with PF.

When we are in town, we try to get to Trey Yuen.

For unique Chinese food, try Trey Yuen next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

The food is good but you come for the atmosphere. The wait staff needs to be whipped into shape . But again its great.