“Totally blown away and surprised”
Review of Tope La

Tope La
Ranked #1 of 144 Restaurants in Hammond
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2017

We were travelling and stopped for the night in Hammond. Looked to Trip Advisor for a place to eat and chose Tope La as it got good ratings. Were not expecting too much as the area would not seem able to support a 5 star restaurant. I was wrong.

Atmosphere was pretty much as good as it gets. Probably an older establishment as modern day business could not afford the luxurious dark woods that made up most of the building. This in itself would make a visit worthwhile.

We were there on a busy Saturday night but service was excellent. They were stretched but made do and I was impressed.

Started with Caesar Salads that were unique and outstanding. Bread was served that is only found in south Louisiana and is close to heaven.

I had the soft shell crab that was fried to perfection and served with an outstanding sauce. Companion had the shrimp artichoke stack that was good.

Totally enjoyed the dining experience.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We frequently dine at Tope La, both lunch and dinner, and have never been disappointed. Recently, we took friends there for lunch. They RAVED about how delicious the food was and how they loved the atmosphere/environment!

Reviewed 6 April 2017

My husband and I tried Tope La, based on reviews and the restaurant lived up to expectation! Staff was very accommodating, food was delicious and the atmosphere was comfortable and elegant. We will put this on our list of go-to restaurants when in the area.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

OK, there are so many restaurants in the South it is crazy to name one as being perhaps the best... but you will remember your dinner here for years to come with a smile So many meals are forgettable, but if you are lucky and catch Tope La when they are in the zone, it is something to behold.

1  Thank gliderBob
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

It had been years since I visited this restaurant for no other reason than I forgot it was there.... I had no idea what I was missing... we shared the grilled oysters and OMG they were sooo good. My grilled fish was prepared perfectly. Oh and the Chocolate cake.... yummy. Will be back...soon. nothing but praises from everyone at our table.

1  Thank Cindy M

Been to Tope La? Share your experiences!