“Great food and excellent specials”
Review of Gendusa's

Gendusa's
Ranked #11 of 243 Restaurants in Kenner
Reviewed 5 May 2017

6 of us met on Monday for lunch. We had the "private dining table"(a curtain hangs in front of the entrance way, which is across from the dessert counter; a bad place to be:) everyone had something different and all diners were pleased. My husband had the Calzone made his way, which he said came out perfect; he asked for roasted garlic in it plus other ingredients, and was surprised at how many garlic and how big the pods were. I had the veal manicotti special which was delicious. Never had it with veal and will definitely order it again if I come in when that is the special. Not on the regular menu. We all took a bite of the Tiramisu which is served in a martini glass style and it was a 10! Best I have ever eaten, even in Italy!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Every meal I have had there has been very good, I always enjoy eating there, the service and atmosphere is very good.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Chicken Parmigiana with lots or Red Gravy was a real treat. The place is nice but small. I suggest calling ahead or setting reservations because it is popular. The muffuletta sandwiches looked excellent. Don't forget to save room for desert. The Italian bakery items are fantastic.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at Gendusa's in the past and enjoyed it but visited today and was not at all satisfied. The service was good, but the food...not so much. One son ordered a meatball sub and he was happy with that. The other son ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. He said the salad had a better taste and he didn't care for that. I agree! I had the Alfredo and did not care for it at all. I should have eaten outside, or ordered a pizza sub. At least that was good, and it was cheaper. I asked for bread and was told there was none due to the festivities outside. Not sure what that had to do with anything; the pizza sub was made with bread.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I ordered take away pizza which I would not recommend. However their deserts and pasta's looked more appealing when inside waiting for the pizza.

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to Gendusa's? Share your experiences!