“Hidden Italian Treasure!”
Review of Gendusa's

Gendusa's
Ranked #11 of 244 Restaurants in Kenner
Reviewed 9 July 2017

The only reason I didn't give this place 4 stars is because the service started off slow & the waitress FORGOT to put in my special lasagna order. That being said, we got full just off the appetizers. The "side" salad was bigger than some places salads as a meal. The spinach dip is the best we've ever had. I ate 2 bites of the meat Lasagna & nearly cried- it was just-that-good! Pricey but you get SO MUCH FOOD for what you pay. The pizza was so huge my spouse could only eat 1 slice after he'd eaten the side salad & spinach dip. He was done-To Go Bag please...I could not complete the review without mentioning Don Gendusa himself who came over to our table & personally apologized to us for the waitress's mishap & after he found out we'd driven way from MS, he threw in an awesome cannoli & promised to take care of us next time we come in. The waitress also felt bad. We are going to make a special trip just to come back to this Hidden Italian Treasure....you've got to try this place!

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Service was great. Got the seafood pasta over penne. Creamy fettuccine Alfredo full of crab meat and shrimp. Yummy. Did I mention every meal comes with a huge Italian salad filled with artichoke hearts, cheese, and ham. The salad is as large as a dinner salad at other restaurants. Will go back soon, pizzas looked great.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

A lot of people had recommended Gendusa's as good Italian food in Kenner so when we were in the area we decided to check it out. Overall, the food is decent, the service is poor and the the portions are huge. I would not enthusiastically recommend this place, but if you were in the area and in the mood for Italian then you should stop by.

We had ordered the roast beef and the eggplant parmesan - the eggplant came with a side salad. While the portion of each dish was very big,the quality of the dishes were decent - given the high prices I expected better quality food because you pay for high quality but only get average quality food.

Also, the service was extremely poor. The server almost never came by to check and was only smiling when it was time to pay the bill (and more importantly, the tip)

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

We have been driving past this Resturant for a while now and finally decided to stop
In and try it. It was delicious. The service was quick and the prices were reasonable enough. I had the fettuccine alfredo with grilled shrimp and my wife had the meat lasagna. The shrimp were sweet and the whole meal tasted "fresh" and authentic. I dipped the "famous" garlic bread in my wife's red gravy.... again, delicious. Now we will be driving straight there when we want Italian.... highly recommended. Ya gotta try it out!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We went with a group of friends before Rivertown play. They have a separate room for large groups, food was very good.

Been to Gendusa's? Share your experiences!