“Great Italian”
Review of Gendusa's

Gendusa's
Ranked #11 of 243 Restaurants in Kenner
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Had the brucceloni, the Sunday special. Nice flavor, very traditional. Served on a bed of pasta with red gravy. This comes with a side salad the size of a dinner salad at most restaurants. For an appetizer we had the stuffed artichoke. The artichoke is as good as home made. Will be back soon. We never have room for dessert.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 14 September 2017

For those not from the area, there is Italian Food, and there is New Orleans' spin on Italian food. Gendusa's does the latter right!! DElicious pizza, fried calamari was perfectly done, and the crab caneloni was to die for. Big portions, so we had leftovers. If you are in the area, or even if you are not, this is worth the trip. Right now they let you BYOB which is nice. May not last forever, so if you would like to bring your own wine or beer, call first. Would go every week if my waistline would let me. They offer gelato as well, but have not tried it because I am always so stuffed. This is a great lil find in Rivertown.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 9 September 2017

First time here and it was very good. My husband ate the lasagna and I, the meatballs and spaghetti and it all was delish. Large portions and it came with a nice salad with house dressing. The croutons were also a nice touch since they make them from their homemade French bread. We also ordered the pizza to go and my son loved it. The food is all homemade and the servers are very friendly and often check if anything is needed. A little bit of Italy in Kenner Rivertown.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 9 July 2017

The only reason I didn't give this place 4 stars is because the service started off slow & the waitress FORGOT to put in my special lasagna order. That being said, we got full just off the appetizers. The "side" salad was bigger than some places salads as a meal. The spinach dip is the best we've ever had. I ate 2 bites of the meat Lasagna & nearly cried- it was just-that-good! Pricey but you get SO MUCH FOOD for what you pay. The pizza was so huge my spouse could only eat 1 slice after he'd eaten the side salad & spinach dip. He was done-To Go Bag please...I could not complete the review without mentioning Don Gendusa himself who came over to our table & personally apologized to us for the waitress's mishap & after he found out we'd driven way from MS, he threw in an awesome cannoli & promised to take care of us next time we come in. The waitress also felt bad. We are going to make a special trip just to come back to this Hidden Italian Treasure....you've got to try this place!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Service was great. Got the seafood pasta over penne. Creamy fettuccine Alfredo full of crab meat and shrimp. Yummy. Did I mention every meal comes with a huge Italian salad filled with artichoke hearts, cheese, and ham. The salad is as large as a dinner salad at other restaurants. Will go back soon, pizzas looked great.

Date of visit: July 2017

Been to Gendusa's? Share your experiences!