“$2.99/lb crawfish!”

Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sal Pardo first opened Stingray's doors back on January 1, 1997. Sal dedicated his life to serving the finest seafood available. "Quality & Consistency" was always his motto. We have been impressing people for many years & for many reasons. The food (all of it) has always been outstanding, no matter what you choose to eat. No food leaves our kitchen that we ourselves would not eat! We offer many one of a kind recipes you won't find anywhere else, including dishes like our Crawfish Taylor, Zydeco Catfish all the way down to Carole's famous bread pudding that has always been made on premises and the recipes have never been differed. Sal has spent the last 30 years perfecting & creating every dish that's on our menu. Nothing we offer is pre-battered nor pre-cooked! we hand batter EVERY dish that comes thru our kitchen. Everything we serve is made in our kitchen and our kitchen only! Sal Put his heart & soul into everything you see beyond these doors. Unfortunately, Sal lost his battle with cancer on April 5th, 2013. We full heartedly believe that Stingray's should remain impressing people for the same reasons Sal always wanted . We WILL continue to keep his legacy going! And for the people who appreciate the food and atmosphere that took years & hard work to establish, and so many come here to enjoy. We surely hope that if you have some extra time on your hands you will come & enjoy what the locals already get! Meet you there!
Reviewed 16 February 2017

What brought us all the way to Kenner, was the promise of cheap crawfish. I had been doing my due diligence in researching what places had the cheapest crawfish in town and at $2.99/lb, this place was the big winner. I had also had it on my list because I wanted to try one of their Crabby Mary's.

We were here on a Saturday night and there was a good size crowd at 7. We decided to start with some fried pickles, just because we both like them and we wanted something to munch on. We then got the boiled crawfish with sausage and potatoes and I got my Crabby Mary.

The crawfish was pretty close to perfect: they were a good size (bigger than I had had at a previous spot) and while they could have been a tad spicier, they had a good flavor. The sausage also could have been spicier, but I enjoyed it as well. My Crabby Mary was pretty good. What it is is a bloody Mary topped with a fried soft shell crab, two fried shrimp and two hush puppies, all for $20. Honestly, as good as it was, I probably wouldn't rush to get it again. My suggestion would be- order this for lunch with a side and call it a day. I'm not sure if it was worth the $20.

Our waitress was extremely nice and went above and beyond, especially when we thought we had a "sausage emergency" (we thought they had forgotten the sausage, so our waitress brought us more). I would love to go back and see what else they have to offer and I will probably be back for some more crawfish before the end of the season.

1  Thank Marielle S

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Our third visit to StingRays...we are in Kenner every 6 months and enjoy dining here. Tuesday night special is the Steak and Lobster which my husband said was delicious. I can't eat that much so I ordered from the appetizer menu - the crawfish were great!

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Prior to flying out for our vacation we decided to have a little seafood. We stopped at Stingrays and were told the wait would be 50 minutes, which only turned out to be 15 minutes. Now the important stuff, the drinks were spot on and the food was excellent. The seafood wrap that the ladies had was top shelf. The two guys split a Stingray Boat which turned out to be enough food to feed all four of us. We also had grilled oysters, divine! If your in the area stop in, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 21 January 2017

The catfish is the best and the mac and cheese. The shrimp has a little too much batter on them and also the onion rings, but they're crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside. The salads are very, very good, fresh and crisp. David the manager is the best and very friendly to all his diners.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

This is the best place in Kenner to eat. They have a huge seafood platter that will feed the whole family. Tuesday night is the best with their steak and lobster night. Our favorite waitress is Becky. She is the best that they have. This is a must go to restaurant.

Been to stingray's? Share your experiences!