All reviewspancake machinethe breakfast areagrab and gogreat hotelclean roomsonly stayed one nightbed and pillowswould stay here againthe room was nicebusiness tripshower headfresh fruitnext morningnew orleansfront desk staffhiekeurig
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Beds were unlike other HIE where I’ve stayed. Mine was extremely firm (absolutely no padding or pillow-top whatsoever). I only got a couple hours sleep. Neither of the business center printer/scanner/fax machines actually scanned or faxed last night as I needed adding to my pissy mood. It’s 6:10am and they are still setting up the breakfast. Now at 6:11am (Finally!) there are eggs out. I can understand if the beds were the only thing to comment on, but I’ve been waiting for the breakfast in the lobby/breakfast area, expecting that it would be available at 6:00 am SHARP. When a guest is obviously waiting, being late with the star of the show (EGGS, hello!?) is not acceptable. If your breakfast start time was as hard as my bed, it would be at least some condolence. Boo Lafayette HIE South. Do better!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
LAURIE D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to complete our survey. We value our guest and take pride in making your stay the best we can make it. We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay . In regards to the breakfast it starts at 6:30-9:30 Monday through Friday and Saturday and Sunday 6:30-10:00 . We will double check our business center to make sure everything is in working condition. Again we do apologize and hope you give us another chance next time you are in town.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Stayed here for business trip. While i might be looking for different setup on a vacation, the quiet - fast check in and easy check out was appreciated.
The room seemed very clean, but be warned that room 322 is immediately next to the elevator....so a busy elevator night might not be all that great

Room Tip: room 322 is next to the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
LAURIE D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to seeing you again and we can defiantly put you in a room away from the elevator.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Needed to make a stop on drive to Houston. Online it looked ok and overall was ok as check in was smooth and person helping me was great but overall rooms are out dated and somewhat gross. You will see from the photos the chair is falling apart and the head board is peeling just to name and show a few. The hotel did the job and gave me a place to rest from the road. Overall was disappointed with the furniture. Just take the chair out of the room. Even that would make the room a little better.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
LAURIE D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced on your stay with us. We are starting our updating all new things are on order. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

If I could give this hotel no stars and still write a review, I would. I checked out of the hotel with a receptionist who's name was Abby and paid cash. After checking out, paying for my stay in full via cash and receiving my receipt, my card that they had on file for any incidentals was charged for my stay. I called the hotel the weekend after my stay and spoke to the receptionist who answered the phone named Taylor who said that she saw the receipt where I had paid cash for my stay and that no other charges were due so my card should not have been charged. She did not have the ability to refund my card and said that the general manager, Laurie, would be in contact with me to rectify the situation and issue a refund. I never received a call from the general manager and had to call back myself. Laurie was arrogant, rude and zero help. She told me that despite someone who did not check me out (Taylor) being able to see that I had paid cash in their system, she did not see any type of receipt showing the cash transaction. She had every excuse there was for her not being able to see a receipt that someone else had and seemed bothered by fact that I was even calling to have a mistake made under her management fixed. I have now paid for my stay twice, once by cash on checkout and once via my card on file. There is no sense of urgency from Laurie at all in helping fix this situation, get my card refunded or even wanting to listen to, acknowledge or care about the error made.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
LAURIE D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to complete a survey. We do apologize for any inconvenience. I have researched this case and I have found that this payment was taking with a credit card . If you do have a receipt showing that you paid cash please email it to me @ am.lftpd@gmail.com. I have no record on my side showing that you have paid cash for your stay. If there is any further concerns please contact me direct @ 337-456-6900 or you can email me at the email address above.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We checked in around midnight and was gone early the next morning. The hotel was quite and clean. We got the double queen suite because we have 2 children under the age of 6 so the space was nice. They also enjoyed the free breakfast. Overall for the small amount of time we were there it was a nice place.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
LAURIE D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Lafayette.