“Yes, do wear your stretchy pants!”
Review of Cajun Food Tours

Cajun Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Lafayette
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best way to experience the flavor of Louisiana! Laissez les bon temps rouler on our cozy customized tour bus. Visitors will learn the history, love the culture and, best of all, stop to taste several of the reknowned Cajun delights that make our area so unique. Enjoy samplings of some of the best local eateries while our guides bring Acadiana’s culture to life. Our Original Cajun Taste tours make 5 different tasting stops! Lafayette was named the Tastiest Town in the South by Southern Living Magazine, and Cajun Food Tours wants you to find out why! We pick up from many area hotels. Enjoy fun, friendly Cajun hospitality in a cozy setting. Now offering walking tours and Cajun Experience All-day day trips including a Cajun Swamp tour, Vermilionville Historic Village, and Cajun Dance lessons. Visit out website at www.cajunfoodtours.com to see all of our tours.
Reviewed 22 July 2018

In the video from Marie's website, she says to "wear your stretchy pants". Indeed! We have taken a number of food tours (North America, South America, Europe) and this was one of the very best. Food is part of culture and Marie weaves Cajun history, food and personality seamlessly with enthusiasm, knowledge, pride, passion and ... enthusiasm. Very informative and great fun!

Date of experience: July 2018
Marie D, Owner at Cajun Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Awe, I love this review! I may have to quote it somewhere. :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and, mostly, thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my home and my passion with you!

All reviews
"great tour"
in 33 reviews
"lafayette area"
in 33 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 16 reviews
"history teacher"
in 7 reviews
"local restaurants"
in 7 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Being from South Louisiana and of Cajun heritage my expectations were moderated a bit when I agreed to take the tour. I was truly surprised by the trip as a whole; sample meals were not merely taste testing samples, Jay was a great host and resource for questions, the staff at our 5 destinations were great, and our group was fun. Yep, I'm up for another tour, without a doubt.

Date of experience: July 2018

Gene! Haha, I love hearing from locals with moderated expectations! Thank you for the kind review. I'm so happy that you had a great time with Jay. I know he's a wonderful tour guide. We all love showing off our unique home; I'm glad it shows!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Their Around the World Tour was so much fun!! We loved the food & also the education we were given; from Jay, about the food and the cultures they came from. It was a very fun night out with some friends who are all locals. It was the perfect opportunity for us all to visit and catch up with each other while we all road together on the bus. Thanks for given us a great experience!!

Date of experience: July 2018
Marie D, Owner at Cajun Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hey! So happy ya'll had a great tour with Jay!! He said ya'll were a great group. And thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review. :-)

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

The Cajun Food tour was absolutely the best thing we did on our getaway to Lafayette! We are semi locals (from LaPlace) but love the rich history and culture of Lafayette. Marie was an outstanding guide who made you feel as though you were on a trip with an old friend.
I cannot stop talking about this tour! Can't wait to do it again!

Courtney and Jonathan Naquin

1  Thank Courtney N
Marie D, Owner at Cajun Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Oh, Courtney, what a sweet review! Thank you so much for the kind words; I'm so happy to hear ya'll had a great time. I just posted the pics on FaceBook and was reliving what a great group we had that day! I'd love to see you and your hubby back soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Having grown up in Louisiana and now living in California, I was pleasantly surprised by this incredible food tour. Marie is the perfect guide balancing a depthful knowledge of Cajun history with a charming, warm and personable approach to each of her guests. The food at each stop was a great value and each dish was plentiful. I would highly recommend this tour to any and all who appreciate good food and a good time!

Date of experience: July 2018
Marie D, Owner at Cajun Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Awe, thank you for such a kind review, Gary. I sooo enjoyed the tour Monday with your family, and thrilled that you did too! :) Maybe I'll see you again next time you visit??? Don't wait so long next time to come see your Cajun cousins! ;)