“Don't stay here!”

Pear Tree Inn Lafayette
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 8 December 2016

If you look at my other reviews, you will notice that they are mainly positive as I try to leave out unpleasant experiences. This time i just couldn't ignore the situation. I noticed that several reviews consider this place to be clean and comfortable. I don't understand how anyone could feel that way. We found this hotel to be dirty. The toilet in our room had not been properly cleaned. I will spare you the details, use your imagination. We chose this hotel because it was part of the Drury chain and we had seen other Drury properties that were well kept. This property mentioned a social hour which was appealing after a long day's drive and a lot of rain. I did notice some potato chips and some other chips next to a some cheese and salsa. There was nobody to attend to the area, which was fairly dark. I don't know who would have poured the wine that was advertised, but I didn't see any out. As for breakfast the next morning, the sight of a used hairpick sitting on the scanty buffet, did not exactly make us interested in taking advantage of our free breakfast. Again, do not stay here.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon6165
There are newer reviews for Pear Tree Inn Lafayette

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Pear tree inn was a very clean comfortable hotel.. Friendly staff and conveniently located off I-10 in Lafayette. Will stay here again. Very nice room clean room.....next to Cracker Barrel for dinner although the room comes with free breakfast

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2016

Traffic on the way back to Texas from Florida was terrible after the Thanksgiving holiday, so my family was looking for a nice place to rest from all the stressful traffic of the day. We really enjoyed our stay in the large and comfortable room. We were traveling with a dog and the pet fee was very reasonable, which I really appreciated. The hotel offers a free soda fountain and has a hot breakfast in the morning which looked pretty good (I wasn't feeling hungry, but bet it was tasty). I would absolutely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We stayed here recently for three nights, pre booked. Its located quite close to I-10. We slept in a nice spacious room, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast, everything spotless and very well stocked by the young man who worked there. The young lady at reception (Shannon) was very helpful with advice.

Room Tip: Top floor was good
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Very easy access via exit 101 from I-10.
Reasonable pricing for a mid-range hotel. Is part of the Drury Inn, so you can earn points via the "Gold Key Club".
The hotel is pet friendly, with much better rates than other mid-range chains (that begin with M or H), and the pet walking area is far enough away that non-pet owners will not be interacting in any way.
The rooms are spacious and updated. Plugs for electronics are easily accessible. Breakfast and Wi-Fi are free.
Easily would recommend this location if Lafayette is a stopping point or destination.
Two minor caveats to consider: the coffee between 4 and 6 AM has been simmering for a while and is bitter, if you can wait for the new batch at breakfast do so, or get some elsewhere, unless you like the coffee "thick". Also, always keep in mind the LSU schedule, this location is well within the "booking circle" for Tigers fans at 60 miles away and it can easily be booked out or at a higher rate on big game weekends

Room Tip: even numbers to the right of the elevator on 3rd or 4th floor are very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family