“surprised with the bad reviews, great stay!”

Pear Tree Inn Lafayette
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 11 March 2017

I almost didn't stay here because of the previous reviews but I am so glad I did, very good hotel for price, I would really like to give a 4.5! Friendly check in, pleasant cocktail hour, so you don't get the whole meal like drury but nachos with all the toppings and chips, beer and wine. Hotel was clean and very quiet! Comfortable bed and room, hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and all the other stuff. I've been on a month and half trek across the south and this was by far the best place for my money, very pleased.

Room Tip: so quiet I wouldve thought I was the only one there, yet there was a bus tour there as well
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 February 2017

We paid $59 for a room at this hotel for one night in June 2016 as part of our road trip. Check in was fine although there wasn't a member of staff in sight so we had to ring a bell and wait. The lifts and common spaces all smelled of weed. Not just a whiff, the smell was so strong it was almost suffocating and noticeable on check in, during the evening when we went out for dinner/ came home and the next morning. This was not a good first impression.

The room was fine, clean enough and standard in layout. The air conditioning was noisy. The towels were a little worn but usable. The location was easy to find and get in and out of however the hotel grounds, nearby gas station and other businesses were one of the few places I felt unsafe on our two week long trip.

The morning breakfast buffet was disgusting. I had a yogurt (on the basis it was sealed) and a coffee. I would honestly have been much happier without the "free" breakfast rather than be subjected to that sad display of food.

Yes, it was cheap and I usually tailor my reviews to expectations for the price range. However, the constantly present smell of weed and the terrible breakfast offering really made this a poor choice and one that I could not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yorkshire_Bunny
Reviewed 8 December 2016

If you look at my other reviews, you will notice that they are mainly positive as I try to leave out unpleasant experiences. This time i just couldn't ignore the situation. I noticed that several reviews consider this place to be clean and comfortable. I don't understand how anyone could feel that way. We found this hotel to be dirty. The toilet in our room had not been properly cleaned. I will spare you the details, use your imagination. We chose this hotel because it was part of the Drury chain and we had seen other Drury properties that were well kept. This property mentioned a social hour which was appealing after a long day's drive and a lot of rain. I did notice some potato chips and some other chips next to a some cheese and salsa. There was nobody to attend to the area, which was fairly dark. I don't know who would have poured the wine that was advertised, but I didn't see any out. As for breakfast the next morning, the sight of a used hairpick sitting on the scanty buffet, did not exactly make us interested in taking advantage of our free breakfast. Again, do not stay here.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharon6165
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Pear tree inn was a very clean comfortable hotel.. Friendly staff and conveniently located off I-10 in Lafayette. Will stay here again. Very nice room clean room.....next to Cracker Barrel for dinner although the room comes with free breakfast

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2016

Traffic on the way back to Texas from Florida was terrible after the Thanksgiving holiday, so my family was looking for a nice place to rest from all the stressful traffic of the day. We really enjoyed our stay in the large and comfortable room. We were traveling with a dog and the pet fee was very reasonable, which I really appreciated. The hotel offers a free soda fountain and has a hot breakfast in the morning which looked pretty good (I wasn't feeling hungry, but bet it was tasty). I would absolutely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family