All reviews fire pit great location restaurants and shops wedding venue splash pad river ranch within walking distance breakfast sandwich great place to stay great amenities modern hotel staying at this hotel highly recommend this hotel waffles decent breakfast favorite hotel full kitchen
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Home2 when we went to Lafayette for a high school golf tournament. Our whole team stayed so I did not choose this hotel, in fact I'd never heard of it before. But we got a great group rate so this is where we wound up.

The hotel is fairly new. It's very modern and clean. There's a gym and pool, which we did not use, as well as a very nice outdoor seating area with a fire pit. The lobby is comfortable with lots of seating. There is a big jug of strawberry water at the front counter at all times along with a coffee and tea bar. There are also snacks and drinks available to purchase but they're pricey ($2.75 for a king size Twix). The hotel is right beside a small high end shopping area with a couple of good restaurants that you can walk to.

We had a room with a king bed. The room had a sitting area that can be separated from the bed area with a curtain. This was fabulous as my husband wakes up so early and was able to sit in the living area without disturbing me. The bathroom was basic but nice. There is a full kitchen with dishes, coffee maker, microwave, fridge, sink, and dishwasher. Would be fabulous for extended stays. The bed was super comfortable but the pillows were too soft for my liking. There were lots of outlets for charging up devices, plenty of storage space, and a large desk area.

Breakfast was included but disappointing. The first day, there were all kinds of toppings for oatmeal, but no oatmeal. They have premade refrigerated breakfast sandwiches, burritos, and omelets that you need to heat in the microwave. They were fair at best. There is also bagels and bread for toasting as well as batter to make whole grain waffles. They have a selection of yogurt and fruit but the bananas were way too overripe and spotty. The second morning they had oatmeal but it was extremely under cooked.

This is not a hotel I would choose for just a night or two but would be great for long stays. The normal nightly rate is a bit pricey for just a quick overnight stay. We got a great rate with our group though so it was definitely a good value for us.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Bayoubelle2000
BRoberts5, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Parc Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you for the review! We hope to get to welcome yall back again soon! Congrats on making it to the state golf tournament!

Reviewed 29 April 2017

This was my first stay in a Home2 Suites by Hilton. Phone contact prior to arrival was cordial & the staff member (Kevin) was very helpful. Upon arrival the exterior & lobby of the property was clean & orderly. I was greeted by the front desk staff member (Nicholas Lewis) as a Hilton Honors member & check in went smoothly. My room was a very nice "mini-suite", with TV, ample closest space, full kitchen and the bath i requested. In room internet service was provided. The room was fresh & clean, and was maintained to that standard throughout my stay. The lobby offered fresh fruit infused water & coffee and a selection of teas. Two computers w/a printer were accessible in the lobby. The pool, area, outside patio (with fire pit) and small gym were all clean & well maintained. If there was one drawback I would say it was a limited breakfast selection, but what was there was sufficient. General Manager Ben Roberts was very cordial, approachable & assisted in resolving an issue for me. Room was comfortable & quiet.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you Frank! We hope to see you again soon! Geaux Cajuns!

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

I will start by saying that I am a Hilton diamond member. I am very familiar with properties and what to expect from Hilton.

This was my first stay at a home2 suites.

I did not make an advanced reservation because I was not sure if I would make it back to lafayette or stop sooner.

When I walked in, I opened my Hilton app and asked the lady (I did not see a name) behind the counter what the best walk in rate would be. She quoted a higher rate than the app. I questioned her as to why it would be more. Here response was "I don't know what you are looking at". I showed her that it was the Hilton app and commented that Hilton advertises they have the same rate everywhere.
She said she could not help me. I had to book on my app myself.
Since I had to do the work, I just used points, not money

She gave me my key and snacks but did not tell me where the elevator was. It is not in clear view, it is down a hall past the ice machine (which was marked - but not the elevator)
When she saw me looking around, she apologized and told me where it was.

Room was nice, but way too much light.
The tv put off a crazy amount of light from the back of the tv. If you cover the light with a towel, the satellite tv will not work. I also had to hit the reset on the switch in the bathroom to make the nightlight go out in there, and put a towel on the floor by the door. Way too much light to sleep.

I was also surprised by how noisy it was. Walls must be really thin. I was on the 4th floor and could hear a of the traffic on kaliste saloom which is sad because the hotel is not on the street.

Breakfast is set up weird. I went to make a waffle, but the cups are not large enough to make a full waffle. So I had no edges to it. And only one garbage can which was located by the coffee on the opposite end. So it was contestant walking back and forth. Pour the batter, walk to throw the cup away. Get my waffle, butter it and walk to the other end to throw away the trash.
I asked if I was missing one and was told no. Only one. It creates a problem when there are a lot of people trying to get their food and not make a mess.

I might try another stay in another town. But not my favorite Hilton property at all.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you did not like it hear. If you like to give us another shot some time in the future please contact me so that I can personally handle your reservation.

General Mananger

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Customer service oriented staff that delivers every stay. Facility is very clean with amenities, restaurants, activities within walking distance. Highly recommend to all traveling to Lafayette, Louisiana. Have stayed at this facility a number of times and plan to again in the near future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the great review! Please come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I stayed here for 4 months and this is the best hotel in Lafayette. I had been to a couple before and left cause they were awful. Mr. Ben the GM has a wonderful staff. You will not be disappointed. Oh and their signature water after 4 refreshes you.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
BRoberts5, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Parc Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you Ms Shawneen for the awesome review! Ill be sure to share it with the staff. We really miss yall. Please come back and visit soon.