“"GRADUATION STAY"”

Econo Lodge Lake Charles
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 14 June 2016

This was my second stay, and I must say I was impressed. The rooms were remodeled with new furniture and carpeting. The service was excellent, Cleaning Staff and especially "Charlotte" in the front office. The hospitality and care from her makes you feel so welcome. She deserves a "RAISE" for all she does and I Pray she gets it. One problem I found was they still have to upgrade the Refrigerators and Microwaves, and include Iron and Boards in the rooms as most people travel with clothes in suitcases and not garment bags. Other than that I recommend anyone to stay here. Looking forward to next year. Thank you Econo Lodge and Staff!!!

P.S. Don't forget to stop by the Best Restaurant in town SEAFOOD PALACE located on 12th St and Enterprise Blvd. The Food is AWESOME!!!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office is better
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Nick P, Manager at Econo Lodge Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again. Have a nice day!

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Lake Charles

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

This place was OK. The flip over door lock was missing, but the manager came and installed one. There was only one set of towels so we had to walk back to the lobby to get another one. Generally cleanish, but if you look for imperfections, you'll find them (burn holes in the comforter, random hairs on appliances,etc). You get what you pay for and we only stayed long enough to get some shut-eye before traveling on to New Orleans.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

This hotel is the only hotel I stay at while in town rooms clean smelled freshly cleaned on my recent stay 2/16 the rooms was updated with beautiful furniture the rooms always has fresh towels clean bed linen most important hot water if by chance you get a room that has any problem front desk takes care of it in timely manner I most definitely would recommend this hotel to any family are business traveler

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

Bathroom break. We stopped in this town for dinner but could not find a good restaurants. We stopped here for the bathroom. Nick was very pleasant to us even though we were not staying in his motel. We used the facilities and he recommended a restaurant to us down the road.

If I needed to stay in Lake Charles I would definitely stay there.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I was going to stay for at least a month until I settled into an apartment or house. I'm new to the area. So, in the attempt to save as much as possible, I chose this place. The rooms are clean, Charlotte, the afternoon front desk clerk is great...but Nick, the manager and I assume, the owner is rude. Friday morning, people were outside yelling, making a ton of noise.I went out to see what was happening and they're unloading a truck with all new hotel room furniture. I was told on Friday night that I needed to move to another room because they wanted to replace the furniture in my room. I was tired from working all day and didn't want to have to move all of my stuff. I had my computer, printer, second monitor, etc all set up. Never did they offer to help me or to discount my rate because of the move. Nick isn't from here and acts like he's doing you a favor by renting you a room. I'll NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Nimesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Econo Lodge Lake Charles. Your time in completing the survey is helpful to us and greatly appreciated. Please know that I have read your complaint and would like to ensure you that we will do everything within our power to improve our property. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the Staff here at Econo Lodge that your stay was anything less than to be expected. As a member of the staff I take responsibility for the inconvenience that you experienced. We are currently finishing a complete renovation to this property and as you could imagine it has not been very easy. Because we care about our guest we are willing to do even the things that one would find a hard task. In the process of renovating the property there were some sacrifices that our guest had to make with the understanding that it is only for the best of the property. We want to provide a clean and safe place for all of out guest no matter the length of their stay. I am deeply sorry that you feel that our General Manager and Owner was not cordial with you during your stay and for that I personally want to apologize as this is not the way that we would like our guest to perceive us. Please accept my apology on behalf of the entire staff here at Econo Lodge and I hope that you will at some point allow us the opportunity to provide you with a positive guest experience. If there is anything that I can do to help you from this point on please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. Thank you again for you feedback and your time.

Alvin J. RIdeaux