“Ok if you have zero expectations.”

Econo Lodge Lake Charles
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I checked into the room and was immediately hit with a musty smell. There were cigarette burns on the comforters and in the bathroom. The cleaning crew are loud and coming way too early. Not a bad location just a bit away from anything. Lesson learned on lake Charles economy hotels.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Alvin R, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Good Morning Mr. Chris W. Please allow me to say thank you first for choosing Econo Lodge Lake Charles as well as taking your time to complete this review. I want you to know that we take our time to read through the reviews, analyze the issues in the review, and take the necessary actions for improvement. I am going to attempt to address each of your concerns in the order that I have read them.
Please allow me to apologize for what was considered a musty smell upon entering the room. I am in no way saying that my thoughts on this issue are correct however I will give our logical explanation. Recently all of our guest rooms were completely renovated. It is our belief due to prior experiences with this issue that we have discovered the reason for the smell. You are in a room with new carpet, new paint, and new as well as new furniture. With the helpful knowledge of other guest regarding this issue it has been determined that the smell is new furniture and carpet as you are smelling the raw smells of the new items in the rooms. Because of the weather changes, we have instructed our staff to leave A/C Units off. With no air circulating in the room, it allows the natural smell of the carpet and furniture to be more prevalent the air been on. You also mentioned the burns in various items and we agree that it is very possible, I do hope while you encountered these issues , you reported them promptly to be dealt with by our Management staff. Our cleaning crew is an Indian couple who Cleans the entire property. They are so quiet that it is very difficult to determine if they are on the floor working or not. I respectfully do not think you heard our cleaning crew. However, in your future stays please keep in mind that if you encounter something you think is not normal, or have you feeling uncomfortable, please alert the front desk as soon as you can so that the property can deal with it. We are located primarily in the center of the city. There are restaurants within 1 mile of the hotel as well as many other things in our surrounding area. I really feel bad that you had this type of experience while staying here in Lake Charles however we want you to know that we hear you and we are moving into action. Both of your concerns or issues have been documented and discussed with our staff. We off the opportunity to return and allow us to make it right with you. Please use my contact information and contact me personally, and I would be honored to secure your Reservation at a discounted rate. Again I want to thank you for your review!!!!

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Lake Charles

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Entered room...Very musty smell. At first we thought we were in a smoking room....Sticky something on the rug near one of the beds....No good restaurants nearby....Only one plug in the sink area and the fridge and microwave are plugged into it....There is trash behind the microwave...

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Alvin R, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Good Morning, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here with us during your stay. We apologize that your stay was deemed below your expectations. We want to assure you that this is not an accurate representation of our service nor our care for our property. I want to assure you that the issues you encountered during your stay have been analyzed and dealt with accordingly. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to make it right with you. Please contact me directly should you choose to return to the Lake Charles area and might need a room. Thank you again for your time!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This place was affordable and not bad. Very easy to get to and then easy to get back to I10 or anywhere. The room was clean and smelled fine. It was muggy in the room when we got there but the A/C worked great and fixed that. Bed was OK, shower needs a new shower head, fridge worked great, didn't notice much outside noise, pool looked nice. They keep the grounds clean and tidy. Front desk staff was super nice and accommodating. Didn't make it to the breakfast so no comment. Yes, there were imperfections but there are at my house too. :)

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2016

We chose this hotel based on price and location – we didn’t need to be in downtown Lake Charles – we wanted to be close to the I-10.

Our rooms were large, clean and the bed was fine.

We needed to do some washing. There is only one washer and one dryer which shouldn’t be a problem but the previous user had left their clothes in, so we had to hang around popping in and out of our room to check if the washer was free.

Soap powder was available in the vending machine nearby – but it ate all our change and didn’t give us any powder. When we complained, the owner did not hesitate to refund us, which was good.

This is a budget hotel and the clientele of the hotel at the time we stayed were “super budget”. There was lots of shouting, slamming doors, kids crying and food wrappers and few wet clothes left in the pool area. The people next to us even left a wet sock and pair of underpants outside their door.

The wifi was rubbish, although the owner did keep resetting it and then said he was getting someone in to sort it out.

The breakfast area was quite large and the breakfast offerings were OK.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank LiciaW
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

My room was not that clean. No smell. Which is good. There was food crumbs on my floor. A/C was off which means in Lake Charles LA. MY ROOM WAS HOT. I have breathing problems so I have to have a room with good A/C ir I do not sleep well. Room had all the amenities. Micro Fridge Iron Blow Dryer Alarm clock that did not work. Flat screen TV. Beds were comfortable but not fresh. Hotel ok for price if you do not mind the panhandle rst and prostitutes. Will not be back. I do not recommend. I was out of time and tired. Just prayed for the Lords protection. Hope this helps.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business