“Disappointing for La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 18 March 2017

We recently stayed for 2 nights at the La Quinta while visiting our son in Lake Charles. The bright spot of our stay...the new renovations and the friendly staff. The hotel is clean and newly remodeled. The staff is to be commended. Whenever we asked someone to help us to resolve an issue, we were always greeted with a "can do" attitude. However the issues we encountered were too numerous to overcome.

We stayed in room 102. We were told that this room had not been used for a while due to bathroom lighting problems. The lights would turn off and on while using that room and it was still not fixed.

The TV only had one channel and had no remote. Once a remote was located, it could not be programmed to work. We could not even operate the TV manually. This issue was resolved on our second day there.

Our door upon closing would not automatically latch and lock. Upon exiting, we had to remember to really pull the door closed to lock it.

The real kicker was the noise out by the pool (our room was facing the pool equipment) late until the night and the slamming of doors next to us and loud talking at 3pm. We had a 12 hour drive home the following day and did not get much sleep. AND...there was no phone in our room to call the front desk so our only recourse was to get out of bed, get dressed to report the noise.

I have never experienced this at a La Quinta in the past. When returning we will certainly stay at another hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid room 102, window view of enclosed pool equipment and is located next to fitness center, meetin...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Stacie H, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

I’ve received your review of La Quinta Lake Charles.

I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve our operation.

Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it’s through comments such as yours that we’re able to improve. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn and Suites once again. Please feel free to call me should you like to discuss your experience.

Stacie Harper

Reviewed 14 March 2017

On our recent trip to Lake Charles we found our stay at La Quinta very pleasurable. The rates were an excellent value. clean rooms, helpful staff. Close to the Casinos. Nice place to stay for a quick vacation in Lake Charels

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. The hotel is designed to make all guests feel relaxed! We hope that you will come and stay with us again!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

My wife and I stayed at this La Quinta while we were in Lake Charles to attend a concert at the Golden Nugget Casino. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The room we were given was away from the busy interstate highway as requested when making the reservation. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The breakfast was typical, nothing really bad and nothing really great, just average. The rate I received for the room was lower than typical on a weekend and we would definitely stay there again if I could get that same great rate.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the Interstate Highway.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Stacie H, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Staff was apparently short that day. Considering all that was going on that weekend this wasn't exactly best for business. Arrived a little early hoping room would be ready. Was told it would be soon, that changed to it would be longer. Left to get lunch, came back room still wasn't ready. Patiently waited. They tried switching my room to save the time and effort, couldn't because I had a suite. I was then informed that housekeeping MISTAKINGLY CLEANED THE WRONG ROOM. I saw at least two or three other couples that were waiting for their room, receive their room before we did. I finally gave up out of frustration and just went to the casino. Once we were finally in our room later that night, my wife found a damp used washcloth draped over the shower curtain rod. I planned on using La Quinta and the Return Rewards program for any out of town trips me and my family would take in the future , but to be honest after this I'm not sure. I highly doubt I will return to this hotel at this location.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Thank you for your direct and genuine comments. We really appreciated the feedback. Rest assured we will be looking into the comment you have made about your experience with our front desk staff. We hope to continue to have you as our guest, and look forward to another chance to serve you. Your comments are taken seriously and we will take steps to make the guest experience even better.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

actually the room is nice - but it needs some maintenance. our sink had a big crack (why ????) - some staints on the wall (why ???)
beds were comfy - TV is superhuge - free Wifi - nice breakfast
but it is (like all the other hotels/motels there) far too close to the Interstate - unfortunatly no soundproof windows at all.
and no extractor fan in the bathroom (why ???)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Stacie H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences at our Lake Charles La Quinta. I’ll use your feedback to continue to provide the best possible stay. I hope that in your travels you’ll once again consider La Quinta Inn and Suites as your choice for lodging accommodations