“Good friends gathering for a meal.”

Cousin's Lebanese Cuisine
Ranked #60 of 272 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Cousins was busy on a Friday night. It was so noisy that you could barely hear the person across the table. My lamb was terribly over cooked. Our waitress did her best but service was slow.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Simply one of the best restaurants in town.
Real Authentic Lebanese Food.
Friendly atmosphere and the Owner Georges Homsi is the coolest guy you could meet.
Must visit place

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Previously, this had been one of our "go to" places for dinner out but we had not been in many months. What happened?.... they changed the menu! They removed many of the Lebanese dishes and sides in favor of "toned down" menu? Lebanese turned Cajun?
All I can say is stay true to your roots. It was difficult finding those dishes we enjoyed before. Also, I had forgotten how loud the entire room can become as diners continually increase their volume. We took guests with us and could barely communicate across the table. Don't know when or if we will ever go back.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Visited for lunch and ordered the hummus and a fatoush salad. Both were a huge disappointment. The salad (no meat) was $11.99 and was tasted like a package of 'spring mix' that I'd buy at the grocery. It had a few cucumber and onion pieces and was floating in a pungent oily dressing. No tomato, no bellpepper, no pita chips. The restaurant was nice inside and my server was friendly but the food is definitely lacking. On another note, total for a salad, hummus and a drink was $21.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We visited tonight for an early dinner. Initially, when the restaurant was empty, service was reasonably good. But...as the restaurant became more busy, the service slowed dramatically. It always surprises me how "Lebanese" restaurants in lake Charles do not seem to know how to make Lebanese dishes. The kibbe was the standout winner tonight, but did not have much flavor. The falafel also lacked much flavor. The hummus was lacking in garlic, lemon and sesame flavors (3 of the 4 basic ingredients in hummus). Similarly amusing, the tabouleh, which is supposed to have parsley as it principal ingredient, had far more onion and tomato and only a minor percent of parsley. It also had a sickeningly sweet flavor (?sugar). The beef used for the beef shawarma was tasteless as well. I only visit Cousins about once yearly, because I allow myself time to forget how bad the food is. The noise level is also very high. I suppose if you want a drink and some bland accompanying food, Cousins may be your go to place. .. But to call this food Lebanese does not do the cuisine justice

1  Thank GRtraveler_8