“Room 513 and 104”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This was a great hotel room. The room was clean, quaint and everything I needed for a short stay. I was late arriving and the front desk took care of me when I called and checked in. The location is wonderful. Even the renovations does not hinder the guests.

Second Night - This room was very noisy and light was able to get into the room. This is not a recommended room as the first floor has a lot of traffic and noisy. Great location to the interstates or airport.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We were visiting family in the area and hotel rates were high because it was the beginning of Mardi Gras season. We stayed in a junior suite on the third floor. The cost was $113 the first night (Wednesday) and $124 the second night (Thursday). Weekends cost more, at least at Mardi Gras time, and I guess Thursday night is considered part of the "weekend". State, city and occupancy taxes add another 14% to your bill.

PRO's
* Very friendly and helpful staff
* Complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer cookies at the check-in desk
* Coffee always available in the lobby (all day/night)
* Very spacious junior suite (see photos)
* Firm & comfy bed
* Plenty of electrical outlets
* Wifi works well
* Good beverage selection in vending machines (see photo)
* Easy access to interstate
* Plenty of good retail and restaurants nearby
* 15-20 min drive to the French Quarter

CON's
* Little tricky to get to the parking lot (winding access road)
* Complimentary breakfast only served until 9 am
* Hallway door slamming in the morning
* Towels are thin & rough
* Electric door locks required you swipe the key card a few times (every time) before opening
* Marijuana smoke stench in the hallway at night
* Light burned out in bathroom (only 2 of 3 worked)

The Pros far outweigh the Cons, so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends. The staff is great.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in, you may want to request a room that isn't as likely to have hallway doo...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stayed here to visit Oschner Hospital. It was extremely hard to find as you can not see any signs from the Interstate or the main roads. Once we found it everything was great. Parking is tight but you can also park across the street in a bank parking lot if needed. Nice, newly renovated hotel with good breakfast. The beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel. Will be going back next week and will be staying at the Sleep Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Cindy B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

To Our Valued Guest!
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our staff and hotel.We are so happy that you had a nice stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip to New Orleans .
Thanks again for staying with us at Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I picked this hotel for its great reviews and price. I was so disappointed once I was in the room. The toilet bowl was dirty, the shower/tub was old with stains, the bed skirt had holes, the sheets were dingy white and the fridge/microwave had fingerprints all over it indicated it had not been cleaned. The carpets in the room and hallways were worn and the overall room and hotel condition was poor. The lobby was the nicest section of the hotel. I chose to check out and paid $30 more to sleep in a nicer hotel. As a female traveler with a young daughter accompanying me, I did not feel comfortable at this hotel.

Room Tip: Spend a few more dollars to stay in a quality hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Cindy B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Cindy Bishop,CHA
Assistant General Manager
Sleep Inn & Suites
504-887-5337

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed on a quick trip to the WWII Museum in New Orleans, and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is easy to access from I-10, and we were able to park right at the front door. Check in took longer than desired, but that was because the clerk was helping other guests with questions about the area. We had reserved a king room, but we were upgraded to a junior suite. The room was spacious and nice. The ac unit worked well, and we were able to stay comfortably cool.
The complimentary breakfast had numerous options, but the room was WAY TOO SMALL for the hotel. This was the only negative about the hotel. However, you could alleviate this problem by going to breakfast earlier than we did (approximately 8:30) or you could hit Lime Street (in front of hotel) for a few blocks to a Cafe du Monde.
The price and the accommodations were great (as well as the customer service) and we will certainly stay here again in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metairie
3.0 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
2.6 km away
2.0 km away
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie
2.5 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Metairie New Orleans

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!