“Great service and very good, but not my favorite taste in pizza”

That's Amore Pizzeria
Ranked #17 of 525 Restaurants in Metairie
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Let me say up front that I do not care for sweet pizza sauce so my opinion should be considered with that in mind. Except with regard to my comment on Chicago pizza, which I stand by. The service is always great and the staff friendly and helpful. We have had regular pizza here before, and I have to say it is quite good, except that I do not care for the sauce.

The Chicago style pizza is true to the structure. If you have never tried Chicago style pizza and have been wanting to, I definitely recommend trying That's Amore's version. It does appear to be properly prepared and is very, very good. It may seem expensive for a pizza, but let me assure you, it is a good value. I doubt there are many people who can eat to slices. I am a big eater, and I could only manage a little over a piece and a half. And it is not crust; the crust is thin. It is the ridiculous amount of topping and cheese. My quibble is with the sauce. Chicago pizza does not use a typical pizza sauce but special canned tomatoes. We were recently in Chicago and ate the real thing at Lou Malnati's as part of a food tour. The host at Lou Malnati's gave us a detailed explanation of the history and process of Chicago style. Pizzeria Uno in Chicago is credited with the concept, but Lou Malnati was supposedly the chef/cook who developed the recipe. Making a Chicago style pizza takes 45 minutes, and it seems like That's Amore has that part right. The crust, which is thin, not thick, is piled with a ton of topping (I like Italian sausage) and mozzarella and baked for 20-25 minutes. The crushed tomatoes are then added and the pie is baked for another 20 minutes or so. The finished product is over an inch thick, most of it topping, cheese and tomatoes on the thin crust. I think if That's Amore used proper tomatoes instead of their sauce, their Chicago style pizza would be spot on.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Chicago Pizza At It’s Best

I haven’t been a fan of Chicago pizza, it was because I never tried it before. I always favored New York style, but I was impressed with the style of Chicago pizza at this establishment. Here’s a place that’s a magnet to families in the local area for good food and variety of Italian dishes, including New York style pizza as well. The staff is exceptionally friendly and greet you throughout your visit.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

We visited based on a recommendation and were very pleased. The wait staff and owner, Daryl, went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and comfortable. We tried the Muffuletta pizza on Daryl's suggestion and it was awesome! Try this place out!

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Wanted to celebrate my son bday somewhere different. This was a great choice. Great atmosphere,great waiter,great service great food. I have no complaints nothing but playthings to say about this place. Locally owned and operated.

Thank K. T
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Seriously this place was amazing! Our family brought us Texans in and WOW the most amazing customer service! We were instantly greeted by the owner. We had a group of 12 with some rowdy kiddos and he was so happy to have us. The food was amazing and such a great value! Our children were given coloring books and cookies after dinner! So awesome! The sweet owner even asked to hold my baby boy and take him around the restaurant! It was so cute! Seriously so kind and family oriented! Highly HIGHLY recommend!