“A vegetarian delight!”

Taste of India
Ranked #18 of 224 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 29 July 2017

This is a near-weekly staple for my husband and me. Consistently delicious and it's one of the only places in town where I can order from a variety of vegetarian options (even though I always go back to my regular--navataran kurma!)

We order carry-out more often than not, but have always had excellent service both in store and when taking away. Love the family-run atmosphere and seeing the same faces each time. A Garden District gem!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Average food. We walked in on the buffet late and they shut the lights on us after we finished eating. Could've just told us that they were closing instead of being passive aggressive.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

See picture. I paid $13 for this. Placed next to my Dr Pepper for size relativity. That's a 20oz! Never again. I feel cheated. The bottom container is steamed rice. The top, smaller one is buttered chicken. I ordered through Chef Taxi so I had no idea what to expect.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Their lunch buffet is amazing. I eat there about 2 times a month, and the food is always wonderful. They have started varying their menu quite a bit. It is interesting to try new dishes - but I count on the butter chicken always being available. it is unbelievable!
I used to occasionally dine at Indian restaurants when I visited Dallas, but Taste of India has all of them beat.
The atmosphere and the service are somewhat lacking, but the food makes up for it.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Went in the evening. Fine food. Service was good. I had lamb biryani and garlic naan. My wife had aloo gobi and bindi Marsala. Delivered in a reasonable amount of time. We both found the food good. Janet felt her dishes were a tad greasy. I was happy with my order. Staff was attentive.

Been to Taste of India? Share your experiences!