“Great seafood”

Catfish Charlies
Ranked #2 of 224 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Ate with my wife & 97 yr. old uncle last week; we had the grilled shrimp salad which was great. Uncle enjoyed fried catfish filet & fries. Charlie's probably has the best catfish in
town, and this is their home location with many choices.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I went into Catfish Charlie's with my niece and her four year old son. I ordered a half pound of "jumbo" boiled shrimp and a salad. She ordered chicken strips, and we ordered him a hamburger. My "jumbo" shrimp were small, and a half pound was six shrimp. Not even close. My salad was iceberg lettuce with three croutons tossed on top. $12.99. My niece got three chicken strips and an order of fries. With her drink, it was over $10.00. The children's cheeseburger was over $8.00 with a drink. It was $40.00 for the three of us, and it wasn't even that great. I don't get how this place got such a good reputation. I will admit, however, that I have eaten the catfish here before and enjoyed it. I am still looking for a decent seafood restaurant in Monroe, and haven't found one yet.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoy the. Food and the wonderful people that prepare and serve it to us hot and fresh. The employee are the best.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

If you like southern fried, thin and crispy catfish in a "mama's back porch" kind of casual atmosphere, you will love this place. If not, you will probably hate it. I know they advertise other options and try to cater to a broader group, but at the end of the day... this is a catfish diner.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Met a friend for a business lunch at Catfish Charlie's a couple of weeks ago. Decided to go with the shrimp po-boy for a change. It was great. First, the shrimp poured out of the bread. I've seen less shrimp on other restaurants' shrimp platter. Second, the flavor was very good, even without any dip or sauce. Finally, the bread was fresh and nicely toasted. I ended up eating it as shrimp and bread since I couldn't hold it together. Well done!