“Saturday night out”

Catfish Charlies
Ranked #2 of 224 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Best fried catfish and shrimp in town. Awesome service and a very good variety of other dishes to try. Boiled shrimp are excellent, alligator bites are tasty, and experience is worth the time! Enjoy!

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Four (actually 8 small) oysters + 1 catfish fillet (cornmeal) + a plate full of french fries, all perfectly done, not greasy at all. Grilled shrimp & grilled vegetables + smashed potato. Excellent. We'll be back, next trip.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Ate with my wife & 97 yr. old uncle last week; we had the grilled shrimp salad which was great. Uncle enjoyed fried catfish filet & fries. Charlie's probably has the best catfish in
town, and this is their home location with many choices.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I went into Catfish Charlie's with my niece and her four year old son. I ordered a half pound of "jumbo" boiled shrimp and a salad. She ordered chicken strips, and we ordered him a hamburger. My "jumbo" shrimp were small, and a half pound was six shrimp. Not even close. My salad was iceberg lettuce with three croutons tossed on top. $12.99. My niece got three chicken strips and an order of fries. With her drink, it was over $10.00. The children's cheeseburger was over $8.00 with a drink. It was $40.00 for the three of us, and it wasn't even that great. I don't get how this place got such a good reputation. I will admit, however, that I have eaten the catfish here before and enjoyed it. I am still looking for a decent seafood restaurant in Monroe, and haven't found one yet.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoy the. Food and the wonderful people that prepare and serve it to us hot and fresh. The employee are the best.