“Great family business ”

Cormier's Cajun Catering & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 224 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We brought a bus load of 52 and they did a nice job taking care of everyone. The food was very good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Took my wife to lunch. She was craving crawfish, and I was wanting some good jambalaya. They were not very busy, so was disappointed to see the waitress serve others that came in after us first. My jambalaya was tasty, but felt the serving size was small for what I paid. My wife enjoyed the crawfish and said they were seasoned very well...not too spicy, but not bland, either. The lady that took care of our ticket was very nice. This may have been an off day for them service wise, so I would give them another chance in that department. Would like to get a little more for my money, as well. Will try some other menu options on my next visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Made it a point to visit my son in Monroe before the end of crawfish season, just for the pleasure of eating at Cormier's. And true to form, they did not disappoint. Went for dinner the night I arrived. Cormier's is a converted gas station with outdoor picnic tables under a tarp, indoor seating for those who prefer A/C, big fans keeping the air moving, and a bounce house out front to amuse the children. There is a shack to the side where the crawfish are boiled. Ordered 5 pounds, and I can't even tell you how delicious they were. Perfectly spiced and cooked to perfection. Served with a piece of corn and a small boiled potato per person. Finished our crawfish, and a kind woman at the next table offered us what they couldn't finish, so that was an extra bonus. Got a buck of beer to wash it all down. There's a big industrial sink out back to wash up when the crawfish are eaten. Was so good went back a few days later for a smaller lunch. Or so we thought. He got the whole pork sandwich with jambalaya. Sandwich was so huge that half of it went home. I got the crawfish etouffee with cole slaw. Just delicious! Service is so friendly it's like eating with family. And I made sure to leave with a fresh jar of Cormier's Cajun Seasoning, which I use on pretty much everything I cook at home. See you next time!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

It's been a while since I've been to Cormier's, but I have a lot of crawfish-loving friends who eagerly await the season every year! And for those unfamiliar with our Louisiana culture, it's pronounced "kor-mee-aze". The owner, Larry Cormier, is the chief cook, and he greets everyone he sees with a big smile and a warm welcome. Crawfish is the main reason a lot of people are drawn here, but you've got to try the pig sandwich --tender pulled pork with a secret sauce that is so huge, you can order just half of one. Larry also smokes turkeys and hams during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season. There are plenty more items on the menu, and everything is good. So go by, kick back with a cold beer, ice tea or a soda, and get ready for a party in your mouth! Very casual and excellent food!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

the crawfish were large and tasty though I would prefer more spice in the water and less sprinkled on top of the crawfish. They were cooked properly, but not much juice in the heads. My wife's boiled shrimp were cooked properly and not overly done. We eat here every year when traveling through. All dining is outside under the pavilion.