“Restored ante-bellum home full of character”
Review of Samuel Guy House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Samuel Guy House
Ranked #9 of 23 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Tucked away two blocks off of the main street in Natchitoches and an additional 5-7 blocks from the center of town, this B&B was very unique in that it had fourteen separate cabinets and dioramas containing thousands of porcelain masks and statues of animals, famous people, Hummel figurines, village scenes, and the like -- all of very high quality. You could spend hours perusing these displays.

But the best part of the place has to be Theresa, who manages the B&B. She is interesting, talkative, informative, and oh-so-gracious. As an example, we had requested that our son stay in our suite with us (which he did), but, since there were vacant rooms one night, she offered to let him stay in one of those rooms, without charge. She was very accommodating and intent on making our stay as pleasant as possible.

The house has an interesting story that dates back to 1850. I won't go into that here, but it has undergone an extensive restoration that adds to the ambiance. There are quite a few antiques in the rooms, so I'm recommending that you NOT take rambunctious children here.

The breakfasts were good (we stayed two nights) and substantial, and it would probably have been hard to find something comparable in Natchitoches, but they fell a bit short of gourmet.

I was surprised that on both mornings the breakfast table was attended by people from France (two different couples) and Denmark and Germany. Apparently a tour around southern Louisiana is a thing to do if you live in Europe.

I have not stayed at any other B&B in Natchitoches, but there are quite a few, with some being closer to the main business area (though nothing is far away in this small town). This place was recommended to me by my sister-in-law, who lives there, and I am glad to have been able to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I decided on Nat B&B for a getaway. Teresa manages this B&B very well and is super friendly! We stayed in the Kate Chopin room, which was edgy and elegant...better than the pictures! Breakfast was very good and thoughtfully prepared. Would definitely recommend to others!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Winkyonthewater
Reviewed 3 January 2017

This was an awesome stay. The hostess is friendly and helpful. She does everything to make it a positive experience for her guests. The house was beautifully decorated for the holidays, and the breakfast was excellent. The collections in the historic house made it feel like a visit to a museum. There were interesting things to see all over the house. It has a superb location, a beautiful garden, and convenient parking. We were made to feel like we were visiting friends. Try to time your visit to see the lovely Christmas lights downtown.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sherimalb
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Samuel Guy House on NYE. The room was beautiful and our host was the sweetest lady. Very accommodating, wonderful breakfast and the Kate Chopin Suite was the best room in the house.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sosbee
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

This is a superb bread and breakfast. It's walking distance to the Cane river and restaurants. Teresa our host was so very gracious and explained the history of this property. I highly recommend this as an alternative to a hotel when visiting. The breakfast is first rate but the charm and hospitality makes this B&B worth a visit.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family