“Good option”

Roux & Brew Seafood and Steak House
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Ponchatoula
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Description: From 1996 to 2006 we operated C'est Bon Restaurant in this same location. We have created a fresh, new, CASUAL atmosphere while bringing back a few favorites from C'est Bon that many have been asking for! We offer a bar dining room featuring tables, high tops, booths, and lounge seating, complete with 6 TV's for sports and entertainment for everyone, along with a full service bar. We have converted our old banquet room into our main dining room for additional seating. Additionally, we have two private dining rooms for special events and parties, all serviced by our brand new 1800 square foot kitchen. We are proud to offer seafood, steaks, fresh shucked and char-grilled oysters, daily fresh catch fish, burgers, crab cakes, salads, Louisiana specialties, tasty appetizers, draft and bottled beers, wine, and spirits! "We are very excited to be back into the restaurant business to serve the people of Tangipahoa Parish and surrounding areas. Our new concept is more casual, featuring old favorites and great new items." -Randy and Kayla Tomeny Restaurant Owners Book us for your next holiday party! We are perfect for large groups.
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Three out of four of us got steak. Oddly enough, three out of four of us loved our meals. I ordered the grilled cheese with blue crab meat because I mean, come on, it sounded awesome. I feel like if they'd had a better description I would not have gotten it because I did not like it. I was expecting gooey cheese with some chunks of crab meat, however, what I got was a crab cake with a little cheese on bread. It was ok, the tomato basil dipping sauce was way better than the sandwich. They should make what they offer along with that tomato dip as a soup and then it would be amazing. All that being said, everyone raved about the steak and how well they were cooked and seasoned and how tender and juicy they were. I'll definitely go back, I'll just question my server to make sure I get what I'm ordering.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

First time in town... this place is beautiful! The service was top notch and the food was really good. Started with stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat- 4 huge ones. Then we had the catch of the day, salmon and a special trout meunière - both very tasty. Too full to try desert.

Had a gentleman playing background music on guitar which really was a nice vibe for couples and families. Overall an excellent time for us! We will be back!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This place is a local favorite for entertaining family and friends from out of town. Signature dishes such as the Seafood stuffed Fillet and the "Firecracker" Chargrilled Oysters are always a hit! Excellent food and service, along with top shelf Bourbon selections and locally brewed beer on tap make for an enjoyable evening out. Randy and Kayla Tomeny have recently brought the venue to new heights with the addition of outside patio dining by the bandstand. Miranda will find you the best table inside or on the patio. Open for dinner only. Private party rooms available by reservation.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love this place. We eat here pretty often. We have never left with any major complaints. The owner is usually there greeting customers and making sure everyone is satisfied.
The only thing is the food not consistently amazing. I give this place a four star because the service , the owner and the atmosphere are awesome! The food is very good and usually amazing too!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were antique shopping today and popped in here for an early supper. My wife had one of the specials of the night, the beef medallions and I had the pork tender loin,both with fresh green beans and mashed potatoes. Both dishes were excellent. Full of flavor and perfect sized portion. Good beer selection and some nice cocktails. We finished it off with the strawberry shortcake that reminded me of my moms. Service was spot on. Can't wait to go back and bring some friends.