“Worth the trip. Indescribably wonderful.”

Maison D'Memoire Bed & Breakfast Cottages
Ranked #1 of 2 Rayne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Everything was so perfect, the owners were so nice, the breakfast was the best i ever had, the cabin left me dreaming of it every day since. I would have my wedding here if it was closer to home. Just the most perfect night of my life, my only regret is not staying longer. Make sure you check out Hawkes for some boiled crayfish.

Room Tip: I stayed in Autumn Cottage, and it was so beautiful. So much detail. LOVED that place, was very sad...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband surprised me with this trip for Christmas. This was our first bed and breakfast experience in 24 years of marriage... and it won't be our last. The Sweet Surrender Cottage was a beautiful little cottage at the end of the private road right next to the lake. Lyn and Ken have done an amazing job restoring the cottages and each has its own story. The heart shaped hot tub and rose decor were great additions, while the wrap-around-porch provided a space to relax and take in the peaceful surroundings. The highlight were the breakfasts... Lyn is an amazing chef! We ventured out into the city and found a great little shoppe called Candyland Cottage with hundreds of retro candy plus Blue Bell ice cream. The shoppe owner there was also very helpful. The town of Rayne is the Frog Capital of the World, and if you take the time to venture out, it is a very cute area filled with frog statues and frog murals. We took over 200 pictures in the area. We cannot wait to return and experience the other cottages on the property. Great job, Lyn and Ken (and Thank you) !!!!!

Room Tip: Sweet Surrender has the heart shaped hot tub and is the largest cottage, but we hope to experience e...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My husband I went to Rayne the week after Christmas to visit his family. This bed and breakfast was very close to his relatives and looked good on line so we decided to stay there. It surpassed all of our expectations by far! The owners were so nice and accomodating, the cottage was on the historical register and we live in a home on the historical register so were very interested in the history, the furnishings were incredible, the breaksfasts out of this world and the setting just beautiful. It sits on a lake surrounded by woods and a facade of like the wild west on the grounds which we found so neat. We had a very hectic holiday season and this is just what we needed to rest and rejuvenate!!!! We hope to make visiting my husband's family an annual event and will certainly stay here.

Room Tip: I only saw our cottage but imagine they are all wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

For our honeymoon, my husband and I traveled through beautiful Louisiana and stayed at several very nice B&Bs. Maison D'Memoire was by far my favorite! The hosts Lyn and Ken are gracious and helpful but not intrusive. They'll help you if you ask but will respect your privacy.
And oh my goodness--the home-cooked, Cajun-style breakfast Lyn delivers to your door every morning is to die for (and this is coming from a person who has high standards for food)! And Lyn cooks a different breakfast each morning, so you get to try lots of Cajun specialties. Here's a sample of what we enjoyed: delicious Valentine eggs, stuffed French toast, Cajun-style pickled tomatoes and peppers, and so much more! Lyn's breakfasts are one of the amazing touches that set this B&B apart!
Also, if you stay at Maison D'Memoire, you'll enjoy a lovely, charming, beautifully decorated, historic Cajun cottage all to yourself, set amid several acres of scenic countryside, complete with a pond and pier. It was not only wonderful to have a cottage to ourselves, but it was also convenient to have a full kitchen to cook our own meals in. This saved us money since we didn't have to eat out.
The only downside to this B&B is the town it is located in. My husband and I are both from a small town, so it's not like we're city folks. But Rayne doesn't have a whole lot to offer in terms of dining or sight-seeing or just general prettiness. Fortunately, Maison D'Memoire is located a ways out of Rayne's center and is just a short drive from some scenic countryside. Also, several more historic, prettier Cajun towns are near Rayne. I recommend a visit to Breaux Bridge, which has a lovely downtown. Also, don't mix a swamp tour at Lake Martin with Cajun Country Swamp Tours, especially if you have kids (you can find their info online)! This tour was one of the fascinating highlights of our honeymoon!
I highly recommend Maison D'Memoire for the family, couple, or just lone traveler in search of a peaceful, relaxing, charming retreat in the country and a delicious, hearty breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We were just on our way from New Orleans to Houston and decided to stop in between for the night. The cottage was really cute and so nicely furnished and decorated! We found fresh flowers which was a really nice touch!
The host was so nice and took good care of us and made sure we were comfortable! The breakfast was to DIE for!!!
Thanks so much for your hospitality, we really appreciated it!!
We will definitely come back for a longer stay!

• Stayed: January 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rayne
1.1 km away
26 km away
Mouton Plantation Bed & Breakfast
1.7 km away
Best Western Rayne Inn

Been to Maison D'Memoire Bed & Breakfast Cottages? Share your experiences!