“Disappointed. Locals.”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #118 of 514 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

First the service was really bad. Young man didn’t have a clue. However he was polite
The food was average at best., however the serving portions were Small . My wife and I are not big eaters and we were disappointed
There at 6: 30 Friday night and restaurant was not even half full.
We had 2 meals (Meat Loaf) no drinks and cost was $30. Seems some CB restaurants are. Good others not so good. This one not so good.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (235)

Reviewed 8 August 2021

We've come to expect excellence when we eat at Cracker Barrel but this location fell a little short of the mark. It just felt dirty and the wait staff were not friendly at all. We stopped there about noon on a Wednesday afternoon. Didn't have long to wait for a table. I tried the Bacon and Egg Hashbrown meal and hubby got the Chicken Pot Pie. He said his was good, I didn't care too much for my meal but it was filling.

I give this location an average rating because that is what it was, just average and no reason to return should I pass that way again.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 26 June 2021

Went to this restaurant 2 weeks in a row for their Wednesday Special of Broccoli Cheddar Chicken and they were out at 4:30pm and 12:30pm. The first time they just said they ran out of their daily special in early afternoon. Ok, then a week later went back and the server used the excuse “the truck didn’t come in!”
The second time we sat for 20 minutes before the server came, gave her our order and she said truck didn’t come in. We looked at the menu and made a alternative order. We sat and waited as food came out to people seated after us. Then the server came out and said ours would be out soon. She then proceeded to talk to a customer behind us for the next 20 minutes. It was then like a light came on and she went back and brought out our food. It had been sitting under a warmer for a long time as confirmed by my wife’s fruit order that was HOT. Poorest service is when the server is talking and looking at you and still forgets your food order. Poor service and always out of whatever you ordered use to be problems before the pandemic but seem to have survived the pandemic itself! Would not recommend this specific restaurant to anyone local or traveling through the area! My estimation is they need some real management. Too many servers standing at the door to the kitchen talking or playing on their phones. I would fire the lot if I were manager for the day!

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank Royrogers77
Reviewed 20 April 2021

I placed an online curbside delivery order at 6:55 last night. I scheduled the pickup for 7:30, giving them PLENTY of time to get the order ready. I arrived, parked in designated area, called the number on the sign. Someone answered, I informed her of my name and that I was parked in the curbside delivery area and ready for my order. She said "OK, I'll tell someone". (??) Ten minutes later, I tried calling again. The phone would ring so many times, it would finally roll back over into the voice menu system again. I went through this for 5 minutes, no answer. So, FIFTEEN minutes after my arrival (50 minutes after order was placed), I went inside and stood in line at the register. When I told the cashier I was looking for my CURBSIDE DELIVERY order, she walked to the end of the counter and picked up my bag. There was no indication how long my food had been sitting there. When I asked why it wasn't delivered to me in my car...CURBSIDE...she LIED. First she said, we tried to bring your food but we didn't know which car you were in (My car was the ONLY car in the curbside delivery area). I sat in my car and watched the front door the whole time - not one employee came outside with an order looking for a customer - LIE. Then she back-tracked and said she doesn't handle the curbside orders and really didn't know what to do. How pathetic of a response!! With no restaurant training EVER, I feel like I would know to take a CURBSIDE DELIVERY order outside to the designated parking area and look for a customer. Second LIE - we wanted to call you back, but we didn't have your phone number. My phone number was required when I placed the online order. Had they wanted to contact me, it should have been easy enough. Lastly - she says the person that handles curbside orders was in the back...as well as the manager. Bottom Line - food was OK (it usually is), but POOR, POOR SERVICE is a common theme at Cracker Barrel. SAD. The really infuriating part is I TIPPED WHEN I PLACED THE ORDER. So I paid EXTRA for CRAP service. I've eaten off/on at this location for over 15 years. SLOW service is common. Choking on your food waiting for drink refills is common. Now, I can add being ignored after placing a curbside delivery order to the list of complaints about this restaurant. My family talks me into going here every so often - the memory of the bad experiences eventually fade I guess (and I do like the food), but no more. I'm done!

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank EastTexasGMan
Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

First the drinks taste like dirt. My wife's roast beef came out dry and they ran out of gravy. Loaded is a melted price of cheese sprinkle with bacon on her hashbrown casserole.

Date of visit: March 2021