“Generous portions of tasty food!”
Review of Ruby's Bar

Ruby's Bar
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Dundonald
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

First time visiting and I can’t say I was disappointed!

The restaurant was quite quiet and we were seated immediately.

Admittedly, service was a little bit slow, which is why I have given it 4 and not 5, however the food was great.

The Baby Bang Bang starter was a hefty size and the Chicken Stack was generous too. The peppercorn sauce was delicious - not too overpowering.

I would definitely go back as it was good value for money but maybe have a dessert next time as they looked delicious!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I telephoned this bar/restaurant at 5.00 pm and asked if they could accommodate a party of five, in thirty minutes time. They said “Yes”, and so I got the gang together and arrived at Ruby’s at exactly 5.30.
A waitress eventually greeted us, and said that as we’d arrived fifteen minutes early, we’d have to wait for the fifteen minutes before she could deal with us.
She did seat us at a free table, but didn’t return with menus until the fifteen minutes had elapsed.
As this was a rare family get-together, I didn’t argue about the timing of the booking, although I did check on my phone, what time I had rung at, I knew it wasn’t me who’d made the mistake!
Whilst the order was eventually taken at 5.45, no food reached the table until 5.15, a full forty five minutes after arrival.
Now, the food was generally decent, with mains including haddock gougons, 6 oz burger, chicken goujons, chicken tagliatelle, starters including nachos and crumbed Brie, and desserts including Eton mess and homemade brownies,
I really felt I couldn’t enjoy the occasion after my booking time being recorded inaccurately and deliberate falsehoods being told to me about it.
I give credit to the chefs for a decent standard of food, but am deeply unhappy about the service.
This place used to be great when it was the Elk Inn, a really professionally run business. However, it did appear to me that the new owners had allowed the premises to decline. The booth we were seated at for example had ripped and badly scuffed upholstery, the decor was tired and dated, the atmosphere was cool, so unfortunately, just not for me.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

First time off her from the name change and I was not disappointed. Arrived yesterday evening with my family to a warm welcome from both the waitresses. Place was warm and had some background music and some candles lit to give it a more friendly feel. Me and my wife both got the Sunday 2 course option. I had the tempura to start and she had the ciabatta. Both very good. Next the mains: I got the roast beef and my wife the seabass while my father in law got the seafood special. Couldn’t fault this place if you tried. Good food,good atmosphere,good staff. Could seem to be our new regular.