“Wasted my time again coming here.”

Spuddy's Cajun Foods
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Vacherie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Sat for 20 minutes and not even a drink yet, with ni service coming any time soon in sight. Seemed like only one server and she doubled as a cashier. This is the second time I came here for slow to no service. I will not give this place a third chance. What a waste of time.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

We had lunch here between plantation visits (Oak Alley and Laura Plantation), and location can't be beat. Since it's really the only place to eat in the area, it's lucky that the food was great. My husband and I both had a salad topped with a lean local sausage (can't remember the name, unfortunately), and our kids both had fried chicken. Oh, we had onion rings to start, too. (We're picky about our onion rings, and these passed with flying colors.) We saw other people ordering po boys that were HUGE and looked delicious. Everything was good and inexpensive, and the service was homey, fast and friendly. Note: The restroom situation is interesting - one serves both men and women, and it has a bathtub. But hey, it sort of fits the place!

Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

This was my first visit here. When you enter it has a nice old, Cajun feel to it. The service we received was super slow and it took 45 minutes to get out food. I had the crawfish stew and at best it was ok. I would not go out of way to come here.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

Just around the corner from both Oak Alley AND Laura plantations, Spuddy's makes their own andouille sausage and uses it in their foods. SInce it is AUTHENTIC Louisiana cuisine (and not the over-spiced tourist version) make sure you taste your food first and enjoy all of the rich flavors of Louisiana cuisine before you cover them all up with Tabasco sauce.

1  Thank randytourguide
Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

What a wonderful surprise! We were visiting plantations and found this place by accident. Very fresh, quick and friendly. Worth every penny!

1  Thank Anna L

Been to Spuddy's Cajun Foods? Share your experiences!