“Awesome food and Awesome people ”

Spuddy's Cajun Foods
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Vacherie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped on our way to the plantations. Very laid back place. The food was so good. We will stop again next time we are in town.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Discovered this place a few years ago and have been back twice (only because it is a long way to go for lunch from California!). Great local food served by friendly local people. This is the real deal. Take note though that most everything on the menu is fried! Very homey feel and they amaze me with their friendliness and kindness. It was a hot day and the waitress even packaged up iced teas to go for us! Love this place! I always get good food and good service with a smile. :)

Reviewed 7 May 2016

We wanted to grab a quick bite before our visit to Laura Plantation. The choices of eating establishments in this area are sparse. Found Spuddy's with the assistance of my GPS and decided to give it a try, since the other choice was to stay hungry. Unlike other poster's we were met at the door by a friendly hostess and our server was efficient, attentive, and quick. I chose a cup of chicken and sausage gumbo (since they were out of seafood gumbo) and a shrimp Po-Boy. We had much better food on our trip, but considering the lack of choices, the food was perfectly adequate, if not great.

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Sat for 20 minutes and not even a drink yet, with ni service coming any time soon in sight. Seemed like only one server and she doubled as a cashier. This is the second time I came here for slow to no service. I will not give this place a third chance. What a waste of time.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

We had lunch here between plantation visits (Oak Alley and Laura Plantation), and location can't be beat. Since it's really the only place to eat in the area, it's lucky that the food was great. My husband and I both had a salad topped with a lean local sausage (can't remember the name, unfortunately), and our kids both had fried chicken. Oh, we had onion rings to start, too. (We're picky about our onion rings, and these passed with flying colors.) We saw other people ordering po boys that were HUGE and looked delicious. Everything was good and inexpensive, and the service was homey, fast and friendly. Note: The restroom situation is interesting - one serves both men and women, and it has a bathtub. But hey, it sort of fits the place!

Been to Spuddy's Cajun Foods? Share your experiences!