“Nice ol' breakfast”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Diner, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Passing thru family had a boudin omlett biscuits and gravy and plain old over easy eggs and all were good. Nothing fancy on menu but well done! Staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

Found Ole South Diner recommended on TripAdvisor by y'all. We were not disappointed. Place was busy but we were seated and served quickly. Husband had beef tips over rice; I had the blackened catfish (YUMMY, TASTY, with just enough heat for this gal who likes heat) We both really liked the green beans, and my cole slaw was very good (and I am a cole slaw afficianado). Our drinks were refilled frequently, too. Hope you enjoy this little joint when you're in West Monroe.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I got the biscuit with egg & cheese... such a good biscuit! Definitely wasn't from a can. My friend got the short stack & it was sooo good. Thickest pancakes I've ever eaten. Such a hole-in-the-wall feel. Loved it. Friendly Staff. Great prices.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

We like to try local places. We like "hole in the wall" places. This was just "meh."

The dust on the door moldings and ceiling fans were off-putting to start. It's a "seat yourself" come-on-in friendly atmosphere.

Lots of biscuit options on the menu for breakfast, so I figured I'd start with that. Food was hot when it arrived. I didn't order gravy with the biscuits, so maybe that was where I went wrong. They were on the dry side, and quite frankly, tasted a lot like a store bought biscuit rather than homemade. No real butter, either. Jelly was in a bottle stored on a shelf. Maybe I'm picky, but I prefer to know things I eat are stored/kept at proper temps. Bacon was super salty, but nice thicker pieces.

Mojos- definitely the winner of breakfast. They have a Cajun seasoning which is like a season salt mixed with Old Bay. A bit salty for my preference, but good flavor.

Portions were ample. If you leave hungry, it is on you.

Staff was friendly and helpful. To me, this could have been a place where a stranger might have walked in and sat with you for breakfast. Totally appreciated that part of the dining experience (even if it didn't happen); just had that type of vibe.

Will try a different place next time, though. This just wasn't my cup of tea for the food quality/taste.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Obscure location and pretty simple interior. Seating is limited. Staff puts love into the food for sure. Cooked old way with salt, pepper even beacon grease in green beans. Would go back just try other menu items.

Been to Ole South Diner? Share your experiences!