All reviews forth rail bridge bacon roll stayed overnight here cullen skink attending a wedding high street cobbled street big bathroom a wee bit comfortable bed room key on arrival family room orocco pier the room was nice b bs stayed one night
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Popped into this lovely, quaint little tea room on the high street. We enjoyed a couple of coffee served with delicious scones would definitely recommend and will be back next time we visit Queensferry

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank you for taking the tie to complete a review for our Ravenous Beastie, tea room.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our homebaked scones.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I loved this quirky place until I ordered breakfast ! I was served smoked salmon and scrambled egg but the smoked salmon had a large edge of brown fish meat which was very off putting and not something I would have been comfortable serving up to another person. Didn't seem to be an issue for the Ravenous Beastie staff and I left feeling very disappointed. Up until then I had really enjoyed my stay and I wish now I'd ordered anything else for breakfast because I wanted to write a positive review as I was more than satisfied - but breakfast is important and the Ravenous Beastie prides itself on good quality Scottish produce so their smoked salmon should be fresh and healthy looking not flaccid and discoloured - yuk

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Moira C, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Dear Franwhit25,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Rooms at Ravenous Beastie, you comments are welcomed and gratefully appreciated. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your breakfast, as we do indeed take great pride in our breakfast, and go to great length to maintain our standards. Hence the reason I have stayed with the same supplier for 10 years, albeit more expensive than my other suppliers.
Your breakfast waiter had just told me, that you had mentioned to him that the outer edge of your salmon was darker in colour. I was in the process of speaking with him when you got up and left, your partner came in shrugged, and said, great stay she just does not like your salmon.
Our breakfast waiter has only been with us 4 weekends. His 1st job, and has proven himself to be a very good worker, and I am sure he has learnt from his experience with you.
1st complaint in 10 years about our salmon. I am sticking with it .Simply due to the fact we have numerous regular customers, who come in solely for our Smoked Salmon and Scrambled eggs on a weekly basis.
Truly sorry that it was not what you were looking for.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Stayed here overnight after a long day travelling and watching rugby at Murrayfield.
A nice welcome; we were shown to our rooms and told of decent local places to get a meal. The rooms were very pleasant, nicely furnished - all you need for a short break.

The staff, led by Moira (whose name we learned from the local cab driver!), were all very friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble for anybody.

Bought some freshly baked scones to take back. Fantastic!

All in all, great.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Andrew M, Thank you fir taking the time to complete a review for Rooms at Ravenous Beastie, your comments are gratefully appreciated.
It was a pleasure to meet both you and your daughter

Reviewed 8 March 2017

My wife, Sheila, and I spent two nights at The Ravenous Beastie last weekend and had an excellent stay. Moira made us feel very welcome from the outset and was most helpful with advice about local attractions / shops, bus services etc. Our room was spotless and we both slept very well in a very comfortable bed. Breakfasts (we chose Full Scottish) were substantial and tasty and set us up well for our two days of sightseeing and shopping. ( Shopping mostly done by my missus.) I would also like to give a mention here to Moira's staff. They were always very polite and courteous as they went about their duties in the tearoom. My wife and I have stayed in many B&Bs over the past 30 years or so, both in Scotland and England, and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending The Ravenous Beastie. A most enjoyable stay. We'll be back!!! Cheers.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ted399
Moira C, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear Ted & Shelia,
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review for Rooms at Ravenous Beastie, your comments are gratefully appreciated.
I have just read your review to Caitlin & Callum and they have asked me to thank you for your comments regarding their service, it is always good to have feed back.
You are both a joy to have in Ravenous Beastie, and most welcome back in the future

Kindest regards
Moira

Reviewed 25 January 2017

I always stop in south Queensferry when working in the Borders and Lothian. The village is quaint and welcoming. In the 6 years I have stopped here, I have not had a bad night. Last night was the best though, found the ravenous beastie bnb and what an excellent stay. Welcoming host Moira, extremely comfortable bed, and fab breakfast. Needless to say top of my list for south Queensferry!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to place are view for Rooms at Ravenous Beastie, your comments are gratefully appreciated.
I am sitting here wondering how I am going to get through my list of things to do today, nd your comments have made it all worth while. I will tackletiday list with refresh vigorous