“Lovely place”
Review of Ravenous Beastie

Ravenous Beastie
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We ended up in a very cozy village outside of Edinburgh on our way home from Scotland. A nice lady took care of us and as we were going early in the morning after, she prepared breakfast bags for us in the evening. Bed was big and comfortable, room both modern and cozy at the same time. We really enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed here for a couple of nights recently whilst attending Edinburgh fringe festival...felt ripped off.....appreciate all hotels etc raise prices at this time as Edinburgh is very busy....however, I still feel service should reflect what you pay for and this hotel most definitely left us feeling cheated...
Breakfast had adequate choice but my husband requires gluten free, this was available on day 1 but not day 2!! Never any marmalade or jam with toast for breakfast and day 2 saw no toast at all....no replenishing of tea/coffee either, poor standard for price....owner or manager, not sure which, occupied a table by the door to the restaurant which was the only access overnight guests had to the breakfast area...left her footwear by the table, wore a dirty top, did not present well at all.....our towels which we left in the shower for replacing as per usual practice in hotels were just ignored and left there so we had to use damp dirty towels. no one around late evenings for hotel guests.... it was incredibly hot in the rooms and as no air conditioner had to open windows onto the main road which was very noisy.... all in all I would NOT recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mopsies
Moira C, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Mopsies
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for Rooms at Ravenous Beastie, all comments are gratefully appreciated.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, and that you did not feel comfortable enough to voice your thought during your stay Thank you for allow me the opportunity to respond.
Rooms at Ravenous Beastie, is actually a bed and breakfast, situated in a 200 year old , B listed property ( 4 lettng bedrooms) in the heart of South Queensferry's conservation area. Some website change the listing themselves. Having only 4 letting bedrooms, we have only ever claimed to be a bed and breakfast, never a hotel. We do not really have a lot of control when an accommodation provider takes your information and changes the details, only finding out when someone bring it to our attention.
We do not have air conditioning and we also do not advertise we have it. It has never been necessary in our part of the country. If only Scotland did require air conditioning. A lot of people would be happy.
I have just spoken to Bailey who served you during your stay with us. Gluten free toast , both, homemade strawberry jam & marmalade was served both days to your table and xtra was offered and refused. Both morning verdict when asked if you had enjoyed breakfast . Thank you it was lovely. Bailey is the member of staff who popped out to pick up another GF loaf, on the second morning
I apology's you found my appearance offensive. Having been cooking breakfast since 7am and sitting down at 10.45am for my first cup of tea. Yes, working in a kitchen is difficult but I love it. Having badly damaged my knee, and permanently on high 3 painkillers ever four hours. Yes , I am normally more than happy to slip my feet out of my shoes for a brief 10 minute break before returning to the kitchen till 5pm. Clean white every shift. However, my apology's you found this offensive.
I take ownership of the fact your towels were not changed. The housekeeping girls came down into the kitchen to ask my advise as they were not entirely sure how to deal with your bedroom. All but 1 of the beds had been push out of place, the double bed had been pushed hard against the wardrobe leaving no choice but for you to have your luggage, around the bedroom, some on the floor some on top of the other beds. That is fine, not a problem. The sofa bed had been stripped right back to the bare mattress with all the bed linen including mattress protector folded and neatly piled at the other side of the bedroom. I personally, instructed our 2 girls to service the bedroom to the best of their ability trying to work around your personal luggage when possible and to leave the furniture the way you had placed it, as I surmised you had your reasons for doing this. I did not mind, we just put it back in place once you have gone. Normally our towels are changed every 3 days, and it has never been a problem . Th girls did have difficultly servicing you room. This I cannot deny. My apologies
Both of you were happy when settled you account before leaving, and made no negative comments. All of your points could, and would have been address personally had you voiced any / all of them during your stay. I am sorry you did not feel comfortable enough to do so
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a scone and tea very nice with good staff and reasonably priced. Others were eating breakfasts which also looked good. Would definitely come here again. Nice central location in the village.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review for Ravnous Beastie, tea room. I am particularly happy you enjoyed one of Caitlin's homemade scones. Thank you very much

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Lovely little cafe with a quirky name..that is what intrigued us to take our friends for a light lunch.
Really lovely waitress who was attentive and polite.
Food was lovely and freshly made. Paninis withe goat cheese was lovely, Baked potatoes piping hot. The RB panini was a great special. I had chilli beef nachos..and they were great.
Would recommend..but only one thing to mention was the chatter behind us by the staff. .felt we were intruding in a private conversation.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Cookie065, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review for Ravenous Beastie, your comments are gratefully appreciated. I will pass over your remakes to Bailey our waitress. I most certainly will raise your comments about the staff chatter, our customers are the only reason we are here, and should not be made feel like they are intruding. Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention. Gratefully appreciated.

Proprietot

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We visited this morning taking a trip over from Fife. The location of the Cafe is perfect - On the main street of South Queensferry with stunning view less than 100 feet away. The Cafe is a small Tea room with outdoor seating elevated about a cobbled street. The young lady who served me was polite enough but we could hear the conversation the chef(?) and her were having about a lady who was sat outside and had came in, that was a little akward. The food was nothing special but passable. In the day and age of massive, multi-chain franchises it is always good to find a little local business/tea room.

There were lots of little leaflets bout the area and a big chalk board showing the diverse range of meals including more than one standard vegitarian option, a nice change! Coffees were good and strong! Overall price was not to bad.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Moira C, Owner at Ravenous Beastie, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Bluenosejock1,
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review for Ravenous Beastie, and for bring to my attention the conduct of my kitchen staff. Both are very good and keen trainees and reliable. Your review will be brought to their attention, hopefully never to be repeated.

Thank you for bring the matter to my attention

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
The Staghead Hotel
#4 of 4 in South Queensferry
Innkeeper's Lodge Edinburgh, Sou...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
Parkhead House
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
West End
West End Hotel
West End Hotel
#109 of 395 in Edinburgh

Been to Ravenous Beastie? Share your experiences!