“Best Chinese Restaurant in Waldo County”
Review of Ming's Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Ming's Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 February 2016

This Chinese Restaurant is a wonderful surprise in seafood country with very good food at a reasonable price. You can eat in or call ahead for take out. Have not had anything I did not like.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Of the Oriental places in Belfast, I still make out to Ming's for take-out but will make the trip to Bucksport if I plan for a sit-down. The one time I had a complaint, they made good on the one dish in question on my next order. I'm more sure of the quality and consistency of the food than the other places nearby.

Reviewed 18 November 2015

This is the worst Chinese restaurant around. Went there ordered pupu for 2 didn't receive the rice that went with it and the food is tasteless I do not like it and the service is really bad.

1  Thank Jeannie B
Reviewed 10 November 2015

We visited Ming's on our last trip to Belfast, Maine. We went for dinner, but the dining room area was completely full at the time we arrived. (It does not have a great many tables.) Our plans changed to a take-out order and we did not have to wait too long. The restaurant was doing a brisk take-out business and the dining room was full, but the wait was far shorter than I had anticipated. We had two orders of chicken (orange chicken and cashew chicken) that were very good. There was an ample sized portion of each, which came with a carton of white rice. The order was more than enough for the two of us, and we had leftovers for lunch the next day. If you are not looking for a fancy dining room, this is a great place to go to fill up on Chinese food!

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Between the yard sales and the packing to move almost 1600 miles, I was in no mood for cooking. We decided to order a substantial, varied amount of take out Chinese that we could nibble on for a few days and not have to worry about getting to the grocery or having dirty dishes. And so we ordered around 10 different items, from egg rolls and pork fried rice to the more substantial chow and lo mein, and of course some General Tso thrown in. We were told 20 minutes, which is about the drive time to the place, and the food was ready when we arrived.
Upon entering, greeted cheerfully and with smiles. It has been some time since we have ordered there, and they always treat us well as we always order big. Asked whether we had a coupon, no, had forgotten about that in our super tired haze. The young lady whipped out a newspaper and clipped a 15% off for us!!! Our order was around $80, so this was a nice discount!
We got home and unpacked and had tastes of almost everything. Hmmm, why does everything taste the same and have that almost sweet aftertaste? Maybe someone dumped too much MSG into the mother sauce? Something was just "off" not in a bad way, but it all had the same flavor, and I doubt with eyes closed, you could distinguish what was what. The vegetables were not as crispy as usual, some actually limp (thank goodness for water chestnuts!).
But we were hungry, and did eat most of the stuff over the next few days. Froze some egg rolls for later, but the veggies in them were too, soggy a bit. This was not up to their usual par at all. But it was still edible and scratched the itch we needed scratched, and served its purpose. Just cannot put my finger on what that taste was, a bit sweet, a bit chemical maybe? Very odd for them, and do hope they correct it.
I would not say don't go to this place, this was unusual for them. The vegetables are usually nice and crisp and you could distinguish each dish and its unique flavors. Maybe this was just a bad day for them. But we certainly would give them another shot, just not such a large order. Above all, this is standard American Chinese fare, kids always love it and don't really care about that funny taste, but as adults, we can pick it out right away.
Can still taste that odd flavor, it does linger for a while...

2  Thank hopeful04951