“Average”

Ranked #19 of 63 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ocean's Edge Restaurant specializes in quality cuisine, made fresh and served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere with exceptional views of Penobscot Bay.
Reviewed 6 October 2016

The view was the best thing about our experience. Food was OK, except for blueberry pie. The crust was inedible literally. My husband couldn't chew it. Waitress was very nice. But she was not attentive. We had to ask for drink refills.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Thank you for dining with us and thank you for your candid review. I'm sorry that you didn't like the blueberry pie. I'll pass your comments on to the chef, as our food is made on site, and we can make modifications. I do hope that you informed your server about the pie. They would be happy to offer you a more palatable alternative. I hope that you can see this as an isolated incident and allow us to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

It's a nice little restaurant with about twenty tables. Our server was very friendly. The food was ok not really anything special.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to read that you found your server friendly, but a bit saddened that you didn't find the food special. Please, if you get backk this way before the end of the summer, try the lobster turnover (my favorite) or the lobster & filet mignon pizza. I think you'd really find those two items special. Others did. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Local flavors incorporated, we tried the pork roast which was a little dry, but was yummy with the Maine blueberry saucwassweet potatoes and vegetable medley and of course blueberry shortcake. Staff was nice and Amy was very accommodating. Highly recommend

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thank you for your review and for dining with us. The blueberries in your description make my mouth water. Thank you for your compliment on Amy. I will be congratulating her personally. I'm glad that she help make it a nice dining experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Wow! You can't beat top notch service and caring chefs. The lobster and filet mignon pizza was amazing. What a crust!! They halved it for us due to my meat allergy. Our server was friendly and personable, not to mention accommodating. Great care was taken to oversee our needs. Our first visit to Belfast gets better by the moment. Highly recommend.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Thank you for your review. I have not yet tried the lobster and filet mignon pizza, but several people have told me that it is amazing. I was glad to read that the service staff was friendly and able to accommodate your dietary needs. I will pass your compliments on to the Chef and Food and Beverage Director. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Wife and I stopped by here for a late supper one night and sat outside with a wonderful view of the ocean/bay. The food is delicious, and the service is fantastic

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thank you for dining with us and writing about your experience. Thank you for giving the service an A+++. I'm glad to read that you also enjoyed the food. We look forward to seeing you again soon.