“Good food, and convenient if staying at the Fireside Inn”

The Ocean's Edge Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 63 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ocean's Edge Restaurant specializes in quality cuisine, made fresh and served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere with exceptional views of Penobscot Bay.
Reviewed 16 June 2017

We were staying in the Fireside Inn, and with Ocean's Edge just steps away, it certainly was convenient. Staff was very friendly, and we enjoyed several seafood dishes. No complaints at all (be sure to ask about nightly specials). And, as several others have noted, the view of the ocean and grounds is great.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for dining with us, and thank for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your dining experience and the nightly specials. I hope that you saved room for our chef's desserts.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Firside Inn during winter. So, we naturally gravitated to the Ocean's Edge Restaurant, just a short walk down the warm hallway, rather than brave the below 20 weather outside. We were Not Disapointed! The food was great, especially some of the Chef's daily specials. Nice Salads and desserts, too. We would go back again.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for dining with us and writing a review. I'm pleased that the arctic temperatures encouraged you to try our restaurant. Few who do are disappointed. As the weather continues to improve, I hope that you will join us for dinner again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Parmesean chicken 101: pound/tenderize the chicken, duh. Service 101: don't handle food with the same hands you clear/clean tables with.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for dining with us, and thank you for your comments. I'll pass on your comments to the Chef and Food and Beverage for their follow-up with staff. Again, thanks. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

The view was the best thing about our experience. Food was OK, except for blueberry pie. The crust was inedible literally. My husband couldn't chew it. Waitress was very nice. But she was not attentive. We had to ask for drink refills.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Thank you for dining with us and thank you for your candid review. I'm sorry that you didn't like the blueberry pie. I'll pass your comments on to the chef, as our food is made on site, and we can make modifications. I do hope that you informed your server about the pie. They would be happy to offer you a more palatable alternative. I hope that you can see this as an isolated incident and allow us to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

It's a nice little restaurant with about twenty tables. Our server was very friendly. The food was ok not really anything special.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to read that you found your server friendly, but a bit saddened that you didn't find the food special. Please, if you get backk this way before the end of the summer, try the lobster turnover (my favorite) or the lobster & filet mignon pizza. I think you'd really find those two items special. Others did. We hope to see you again soon.