“Good Food”

Ranked #19 of 63 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ocean's Edge Restaurant specializes in quality cuisine, made fresh and served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere with exceptional views of Penobscot Bay.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We found this place by accident but were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. My daughter really enjoyed it and she can be a picky eater.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for writing. What a happy accident! We're glad that you enjoyed your visit, and look forward to seeing you again. And bring the picky eater back. The Chef has lots more she can try.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Staying at the Fireside Inn and Suites and was offered a free drink coupon when I checked in if I went to have dinner at the restaurant. I gladly went down to check it out. I had driven over 5 hrs due to traffic and was hungry. I was by myself and asked the hostess if I could sit at the bar to have dinner. She said "sure" and told me to have a seat at the bar. I sat at the bar, directly in front of the bartender. I did not even get a "hello" or an "I'll be with you in a moment", nor even a menu. Ok, whatever...I'll just hang out and he'll get to me. About 5 mins pass and in front of me he puts a glass of wine and another drink. I said "oh this isn't mine, I'm still waiting to order." He says "oh" then looks to a couple behind me and hands them the drinks, then walks away. Ok...maybe he's busy. Another couple comes in (after I had been sitting in front of him for more than 5 mins) and he serves them...all the while he sees me there in front of him sitting at the bar! Ok...I'll just wait. Then, after serving this other couple he stands there, stares at me for a minute, then turns away and busies himself w/ something else. At this point I actually said "are you serious?!" and got up and left. A couple on my way out was like "did he not serve you." I said "no, he ignored me. I had been sitting there and he served people who came in after me." They shook their heads and said "what the heck?" I just smiled and said "it's cool...I'll take my business elsewhere." I ended up just going to downtown Belfast and had a great meal and drink elsewhere. Epic fail at this place though. If you can't even be bothered to acknowledge a guest and say "I'll be right with you" that should be a clue to leave right away. I gave the benefit of the doubt and continued to be ignored, so I left. Too bad for them because I tip well for good service. The other business profited instead and I am glad. If you don't have customer service skills, maybe you should not work in the service industry.

Thank you for writing. I'm so sorry you weren't acknowledged. I cannot imagine what happened, or how we missed you. It is certainly not how we choose to make our guests feel.
I hope that you can see this as an isolated incident and give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We were staying at the Fireside Inn and after reviewing restaurants in the area for a romantic dinner we chose to stay and try Oceans Edge. Perfect.
Food was excellent. Lobster Scampi. Perfect. Stuffed Haddock with Crab. Perfect. The fried mushroom appetizers surprised us with big succulent mushrooms in blue cheese sauce.
Cocktails were done right. They had a bluegrass singer that was quite entertaining.
Will come back again!!!

Thank you for spending your romantic evening with us, and thanks for writing about it. I will certainly pass your glowing compliments on to the Chef. She and her team work very hard behind the scenes to make for a nice dining experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We were staying in the Fireside Inn, and with Ocean's Edge just steps away, it certainly was convenient. Staff was very friendly, and we enjoyed several seafood dishes. No complaints at all (be sure to ask about nightly specials). And, as several others have noted, the view of the ocean and grounds is great.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you for dining with us, and thank for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your dining experience and the nightly specials. I hope that you saved room for our chef's desserts.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Firside Inn during winter. So, we naturally gravitated to the Ocean's Edge Restaurant, just a short walk down the warm hallway, rather than brave the below 20 weather outside. We were Not Disapointed! The food was great, especially some of the Chef's daily specials. Nice Salads and desserts, too. We would go back again.

Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for dining with us and writing a review. I'm pleased that the arctic temperatures encouraged you to try our restaurant. Few who do are disappointed. As the weather continues to improve, I hope that you will join us for dinner again soon.